PDA

View Full Version : Cable release extension..... Do they make these?

Bill Glickman
30-Mar-2000, 05:10
I have a nice dual cable release made by Olympic.... the only problem is, it is too short. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a cable extension that can g o onto the end of a cable release to increase its working distance? If so, who makes it, and who sells it? Thank you in advance for your input...

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2000, 10:01
We do but it is for using extreme wide angle lenses in deeply recessed lensboards so it is short. About 3".

Sahara camera was told about it yesterday and I will tell Casey's about it this afternoon so either can help you with prices.

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2000, 19:48
The news is even better since you live in Las Vegas. I just left Casey's Camera on E. Tropicana and they have the extensions in stock. I told them you are looking for them.

Larry Huppert
30-Mar-2000, 21:14
I made my own *very* long air cable release (single) out of various pieces of gear adapted to work together. I only use this release when it's absolutely necessary (e.g. taking interior shots in very old structures where the floor boards bend easily, or needing to locate myself near a light switch during a long exposure). My standard length is 15 ft, and when necessary, I put a 35 ft extension on that to give me 50 ft. I can easily trip a copal press shutter with this setup, and can easily hold the shutter open in "B" setting. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make a double version of this.