PDA

View Full Version : Series V Filters

Michael Graves
17-Aug-2006, 17:01
Anybody know what kind of lens a Series V filter fits onto?

JW Dewdney
17-Aug-2006, 17:20

http://www.3dstereo.com/3d.mvc?p=FIL-V-80C

I also found a reference to a minolta autocord on photo.net.
Aren't you glad i have no life?

Robert A. Zeichner
17-Aug-2006, 17:42
Literally scores of lenses could use a series V although an appropriate adapter ring would, in most cases be required. A good number of smaller C-mount motion picture camera lenses would routinely take series size filters. I have a couple of sets of warming and cooling filters in these smaller sizes for precisely such lenses. The smallest LF lenses I've had personal experience with would take 40.5mm screw-ins. The diameter of a series V by comparison is 1-3/16" or roughly 31mm. Perhaps that's more than you wanted to know.

Alan Davenport
17-Aug-2006, 18:02
A small one. As you may know, "series" sizes of filters are unthreaded, and require an adaptor to attach to anything. There used to be adaptors made to use Series V filters on TLRs such as Rolleiflex and the Yashica 6x6's. IMO, a Series V filter is barely large enough for those cameras, and I always used Series VI on my TLR.

Capocheny
17-Aug-2006, 18:04
Some Leica 35mm lenses also took a Series V filter.

Cheers

Michael Graves
17-Aug-2006, 18:05
Thanks both of you. I picked up a bunch of stuff at an auction (local, not online) that had some old photo gear. Part of it was a whole box of these tiny little filters. There's thirty or forty of the little things and most of them don't look like they were ever used. So I thought, since I'm in the mood for an old lens for my 5x7, I'd try to find one that uses them. Don't look like I'll have much luck though.

Michael Graves
17-Aug-2006, 18:06
Thanks both of you. I picked up a bunch of stuff at an auction (local, not online) that had some old photo gear. Part of it was a whole box of these tiny little filters. There's thirty or forty of the little things and most of them don't look like they were ever used. So I thought, since I'm in the mood for an old lens for my 5x7, I'd try to find one that uses them. Don't look like I'll have much luck though.

As well as the other two who came into the discussion while I was typing my last reply.