tim atherton
17-Aug-2006, 13:01
Hello,

Anybody has experience with this film?
How it performes in Pyrocat-HD?
Is it an Efke Film?

Can anybody post curves for Pyrocat-HD?

Thanks, Cheers.

The Efke/Adox/J&C/Arista films can get very confusing ( see a recent thread on apug - I was no wiser at the end of it than at the start)

But... I'm 99% certain it is the same as Efke 100PL

Which film I use (some in Efke boxes, some in Adox boxes depending on when and who i bought it from)

and - I've quite got to like it

Sorry - no curves. But I found the Massive Dev chart times a good place to start for me (in a Jobo with a 5 min presoak)

If you search Efke PL 100 on here and apug you'll get lots of info (though oft times confusing and contradictory!)

SAShruby
17-Aug-2006, 13:23
Thanks Tim, that what I thought.

Don Hutton
18-Aug-2006, 07:12
Check the Azo forum - Sandy King has a lot of information posted there regarding the use of this film in Pyrocat HD.

sanking
18-Aug-2006, 14:05
Hello,

Anybody has experience with this film?
How it performes in Pyrocat-HD?
Is it an Efke Film?

Can anybody post curves for Pyrocat-HD?

Thanks, Cheers.

I assume Adox PL100 is same as Efke Pl100. If so, I have tested and used this film a lot.

Assuming your interest is silver gelatin printing, the attached CI chart should help you determine a developing time for your paper. The film for this test was developed in Pyrocat-HD 2:2:100 at 70º F, with rotary type processing in tubes, using about 60ml of solution per sheet of 4X5 film.

If in doubt as to how to use the chart, have a look at the last page in the following article. http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/PCat/pcat.html

One thing you need to be aware of with Adox/Efke PL100 is that while it is a great film when new, with low B+F, it develops fog faster with age than most ASA 100 films. And, unless you buy it directly from JandC, you have no idea of age.

Sandy

SAShruby
25-Aug-2006, 12:46
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for update. I am right now reading BTZS system so I should be familiar with it. I bought film directly from JandC as well.