PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Cover

Kirk Gittings
17-Aug-2006, 12:20
If you don't get the Freestyle Catalog, this is the cover we were talking about in the other thread. Many people have asked me for more information about it. The image was taken by my erstwhile assistant, Jim Hunter, and I for the cover at one of my favorite places in the SW, Cabezon Butte near Cuba New Mexico. I am standing next to a Chaco ruin, the Guadalupe Site. This is the site where I took the widely published image that leads off my website (many years ago, 1993). The cover image was taken on Fuji 160 Pro with a 250mm lens on a Hassleblad and scanned in house. Freestyle wanted an image in a dramatic SW landscape that was at a place I am fond of shooting.

To order a free catalog:

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_login.php?cat=enth

darr
17-Aug-2006, 12:25
The cover picture of you looks nice Kirk. I'll have to get one of the catalogs to see what Freestyle offers. I guess I'll hop on over to their site and request one.

Kind Regards,
Darr

Mike Boden
17-Aug-2006, 13:15
How funny is this...I read this post yesterday and then the catalog arrived in the mail later that day. Awesome!!!

Congratulations, Kirk.

Louie Powell
17-Aug-2006, 16:10
Beautiful landscape. Beautiful camera. Not sure about that dude on the right side, however.

Kirk Gittings
17-Aug-2006, 19:48
Yes, but that dude abides.

(who gets the reference?)

Kirk Gittings
17-Aug-2006, 21:33
This, by the way, is the full image. For me it really does not get any better than this, standing on an Anasazi ruin with one of the great mythological landforms of the SW looming behind me.

Mike Boden
17-Aug-2006, 22:13
Yes, but that dude abides.

(who gets the reference?)

So Kirk, you takin' 'er easy for all us sinners? :cool:

Kirk Gittings
18-Aug-2006, 09:53
Don't f___ with the Jesus........

Mike Boden
18-Aug-2006, 10:39
Yeah, but he's a pervert, man...

Steve H