PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Kardan Lensboard

cikaziva
13-Aug-2006, 19:20
Hi to all of nice “large format” people hire, this is my first post on this forum.

For a start I was wondering could somebody tell mi is the linhof kardan lensboard compatible with any other camera?

Thank you in advance

Luke

Kirk Fry
13-Aug-2006, 21:21
The short answer is No. I am assuming you mean the 161 mm square monsters. Actually about 1890 all the LF camera manufactures got together and figured out how to make lens board A not fit on Camera B and have maintained an industry group to maintain this feature. Fortunately they did not do this with film holders for the the miniture cameras of 8X10 and less where they agreed to a "Standard".

Richard Kelham
14-Aug-2006, 11:01
The short answer is No. I am assuming you mean the 161 mm square monsters. Actually about 1890 all the LF camera manufactures got together and figured out how to make lens board A not fit on Camera B and have maintained an industry group to maintain this feature.

One or two are beginning to break ranks – I believe Horseman monorails use Sinar boards!

Linhof offer a workaround in that they do an adaptor to fit Technika boards on a Kardan. Several cameras (Wista for one?) use Technika-sized boards. Don't know if that helps you at all....