PDA

View Full Version : 121mm Super Angulon filter size?

schneideriticus
10-Aug-2006, 04:26
Hi eveyone,

I'm just getting seriously into LF (4X5 that is!) - and I want to than you all for a hugely informatve site - through which I've been lurking for some time! - I've been playing with an Anniverary Speed Graphic and a Super Graphic (both with 135mm Optars) for several years - but due to either the lenses or the sloppy darkrooms I've previosly had (I've got a much better set up now!) the prints have been hardly sharper than those from my Rolleiflex T...

Anyhow I just bought an MPP monorail camera with a 121mm Super Angulon and have loads of questions!

Firstly however I'd like to get a filter or two for this lens but I've found different accounts of the size...forgive me if it's a dumb question but is it 77mm or 82mm? (or something else altogether!)

Also I'd like to know how people transport a monorail camera - I'm intending to get a proper camera bag for it but do you take the whole thing apart - or fold the standards close together - take the lens and ground glass out...or what?

As I say I apologize if these are very basic questions - I'm just used to folding up my Super Graphic and leaving the little Optar where it is!

John Bowen
10-Aug-2006, 04:36
May I suggest Kodak Wratten filters for your new baby. I find them much easier than glass filters to carry, store and use. I bought mine in the 100 mm size so they would fit every imaginable lens. I only use glass filters if I need a polarizer.

Have fun with your new camera.

Ole Tjugen
10-Aug-2006, 05:49
http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/super-angulon/data/8-121mm.html

It's 77mm.