PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 enemy of tripod is ...

Linhof
6-Aug-2006, 20:49
In my opinion, no. 1 enemy of tripod is the watch dog of:

1. The watch dog at London Eye
London Eye is just a commercial products, not relates to national security, but the watch dogs there believe they are a kind of military area that they hate tripod very much. They forget people visit to London Eye are their CLIENTS! They keep on shouting NO TRIPOD! NO TRIPOD! And they are rude. Knowing that London Eye is operating by British Airline, I will not take BA anymore.

2. The watch dog at Roman bath at Bath
Just a place of water pool. But the old lady there said to me she did not like my tripod. I did not invade England as the Roman and I did not like old women as well.

3. The police in London street
I was asked by the London police many many times when I took photos with tripod. In one time, I needed to even show my passport in front of Westminster. A place with freedom doesn't mean that you enjoy freedon at all.

Conclusion: I don't think tripod to be a monster. In fact, those watch dogs could not live with a peace in mind and they are poor.

Again: Terrorist dosen't need to use tripod to take photos of their target.

Andre Noble
6-Aug-2006, 21:37
A Tripod makes you vulnerable because you've planted yourself, and are not going anywhere. Security types like an easy target. They know they aren't doing anything to justify hteir check, so they harass you instaed.

400d
7-Aug-2006, 00:20
Their s just have too much time on hand, I haven't seen any cop or security enjoy seeing tripods around.

Walter Calahan
7-Aug-2006, 03:54
Tripods have been hated ever since the Martians invaded the planet via New Jersey.

HA!

Niko Photo
7-Aug-2006, 05:23
Tripods have been hated ever since the Martians invaded the planet via New Jersey.

HA!
Now that's just plain silly. It's a known fact that the martians came in via New Jersey. But when they saw where they landed, they just left again reporting that Earth showed no signs of life and has an atmosphere hostile to living beings.

Ralph Barker
7-Aug-2006, 09:07
The secret to all of this is to work in pairs. One person mounts a reflector telescope, 4" or thereabouts so as to look like a rocket launcher, on a tripod and positions him/herself well away from the area to be photographed. That immediately attracts all of the security personnel, allowing the actual photographer to work undisturbed. ;)

Alan Davenport
7-Aug-2006, 09:36
The secret to all of this is to work in pairs.
Ralph, old man, you're onto something here I think. How would you like to team up with me for a session in front of the White House? You get to do the bit with the telescope; it was your idea. :D

Marko
7-Aug-2006, 09:47
The secret to all of this is to work in pairs.

Ralph, old man, you're onto something here I think. How would you like to team up with me for a session in front of the White House? You get to do the bit with the telescope; it was your idea. :D

You guys are definitely on to something. But I think the team should be based on trios, rather than pairs. The third person should use small format hand-held to record the fracas when the security/police show up. ;)

Jim Jones
7-Aug-2006, 10:23
Now that's just plain silly. It's a known fact that the martians came in via New Jersey. But when they saw where they landed, they just left again reporting that Earth showed no signs of life and has an atmosphere hostile to living beings.
No, space suits would have solved the metro area toxic atmosphere problem to which we have adapted. When they had time to view our TV, they left because Earth showed no sign of intelligent life.

Ralph Barker
7-Aug-2006, 11:53
. . . You get to do the bit with the telescope; it was your idea. :D

You're soooo generous with your credits, Alan. But, I think Marko is right about needing a third to record the "event". Those fellas at the White House have no sense of humor at all. ;)

Nick_3536
7-Aug-2006, 13:53
You're soooo generous with your credits, Alan. But, I think Marko is right about needing a third to record the "event". Those fellas at the White House have no sense of humor at all. ;)

Seriously? With the comedy show they run?

Marko
7-Aug-2006, 14:18
Seriously? With the comedy show they run?

Especially with the comedy they run... :D

Alan Davenport
7-Aug-2006, 20:41
Especially with the comedy they run... :D
You guys think that's funny?

Marko
7-Aug-2006, 21:58
You guys think that's funny?

Why, yes. Politics IS funny, in its own sick kind of way. Don't you think? :D

Ed K.
7-Aug-2006, 22:05
No. One enemy of the Tripod -

Invited friends along on a trip, who put their big cooler on top of your tripod in the trunk while you're not looking and then force the lid down, breaking the fancy top piece of the tripod and a leg!! :)

snuck
7-Aug-2006, 22:37
you never know when the black manfrotto you carry may be a hidden gatling gun or rocket launcher. Goodness you can even hide tnt in the legs to be a photosuicidebomber. That being said, the worst enemy of my tripod is me and my truly hamfisted ways with my equipment.

Eric Rose
8-Aug-2006, 13:52
I've only had one problem while using a tripod. I told them in no uncertain terms to F off, and they did. I can look very scary when I want to.

400d
8-Aug-2006, 19:28
But seriously inside my Bogen/Manfro 3021BP, the tri legs are roomy for "good" stuff. Dealers can use it to hide powders...*ahem*

(SOME1 CALL NARCOTICS!)