PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz Island.. private access!

Jim collum
29-Jul-2006, 00:23
Only 40 spots, and $150 a spot. Keeble and Schuchat has organized a photographic outing, where 40 photographers (and rangers) will be the only people on the island from 3:30 to 9pm. It doesn't get much better. if you want a spot, i'd call quickly.. they just opened up, and i suspect they'll be going quickly.

http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/events.html

at the bottom of the page... clicking on it will bring up a more detailed pdf file.

It says hosted by Nikon.. but i wouldn't worry about that.. there are at least people i know (jack flesher and myself) who will have 4x5, 8x10 and 11x14 between us.

jim

Jack Flesher
29-Jul-2006, 21:22
So I just finished talking to Mary, the organizer of this worksop at KSP, and the workshop filled in a few hours.

BUT! She is taking reservations for the same trip on Wednesday the 11th! It is tentative right now, but she has over half of this second opportunity already filled on a wait-list. If you want to go, please contact her via the above link. She will know for certain if the second day can happen in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Jack Flesher
3-Aug-2006, 23:31
Mary asked me to let everybody know the second day did not work out. She will try and schedule another one soon.

Kerik Kouklis
4-Aug-2006, 11:01
Crap.:(

QT Luong
4-Aug-2006, 11:41
Thanks for the update. Keep us informed !

Jim collum
5-Aug-2006, 00:04
i was really looking forward to seeing the Nikon reps reaction when 35 of the 40 showed up with LF and ULF equip... :^)

Ralph Barker
5-Aug-2006, 06:32
i was really looking forward to seeing the Nikon reps reaction when 35 of the 40 showed up with LF and ULF equip... :^)

Particularly if they had Nikkor LF lenses mounted. ;)

roteague
5-Aug-2006, 10:42
Particularly if they had Nikkor LF lenses mounted. ;)

Or Schneiders ..... :eek:

Jim collum
6-Aug-2006, 18:27
:^)

so.. who from here is going?

jim