PDA

View Full Version : Streamload Online Backups

Doug Dolde
26-Jul-2006, 21:10
Free 25 GB accounts. You have to pay for larger storage.

http://www.streamload.com

Capocheny
26-Jul-2006, 21:36
Hi Doug,

25 Gigs of extra storage... my computer and I both thank you! :)

Now, I'll be able to off-load some of my images and tunes to this site.

Cheers

Doug Dolde
26-Jul-2006, 22:43
I just noticed a "small" hitch with this deal. You can upload 25GB free but downloads are severely limited with the free account. Guess nothins for nothin huh?

QT Luong
26-Jul-2006, 23:59
There are certainly advantages (and drawbacks) with online storage, especially when free :-), but remember that these days an excellent external 300GB drive can be bought for $150.

Capocheny
27-Jul-2006, 01:22
I just noticed a "small" hitch with this deal. You can upload 25GB free but downloads are severely limited with the free account. Guess nothins for nothin huh?

Drats... I guess I'll head out and buy one of the big drives as QT suggests! That's the way the ball bounces I guess.

You're right, Doug, nothing is really free these days! :)

Cheers

Ted Harris
27-Jul-2006, 06:18
In addition to using large external drives for backup I am now using them to archive large 'raw' files of scanned images. I have one external drive dedicated to this purpose. When I fill up the drive inside the case I just pop it out, put it in a Tupperware like container in a shelf and leave it alone until/unless I need it. I am using 250 GB drives that I get for around 90 bucks a pop.

Doug Dolde
27-Jul-2006, 10:41
I think it's still useful for secure backups. You don't need to subscribe unless you need to download the data. Also makes it easy to access data if you are away from home.