PDA

View Full Version : I am officially ULF guy!

SAShruby
26-Jul-2006, 19:05
Hi ULF'ers,

I am officially one of you. I AM ULF!!!

To my little sonny, 8x10 Deardorff, the big brother arrived. My 8x20 Deardorff flew from Austria to my house (Welland, Canada) yesterday. What a BEAUTY!!! I am in love... My dream came through.

It is different. I already pre-orderred 8x20 Lodima AZO from Michael and Paula, I have older Fuji Fujinon 360mm, tested it, it will cover it. All I need is to order Sandy's holders and film from J&C and I am rolling.

p.s. I will post pictures Thursday.

Question...Does Ilford make 8x20 FP4 or HP5?

John Kasaian
26-Jul-2006, 19:09
J and C stocks it.

Jorge Gasteazoro
26-Jul-2006, 19:09
You can get Ilford HP5 and FP4 from JandC as well as Tmx 400 in 8x20.... welcome to the club bubba, I hope you got a big wallet... :D

Hi ULF'ers,

I am officially one of you. I AM ULF!!!

To my little sonny, 8x10 Deardorff, the big brother arrived. My 8x20 Deardorff flew from Austria to my house (Welland, Canada) yesterday. What a BEAUTY!!! I am in love... My dream came through.

It is different. I already pre-orderred 8x20 Lodima AZO from Michael and Paula, I have older Fuji Fujinon 360mm, tested it, it will cover it. All I need is to order Sandy's holders and film from J&C and I am rolling.

p.s. I will post pictures Thursday.

Question...Does Ilford make 8x20 FP4 or HP5?

SAShruby
26-Jul-2006, 19:21
I hope you got a big wallet... :D

Yeah, I have a huge wallet, but no money in it....

Jorge Gasteazoro
26-Jul-2006, 19:25
Yeah, I have a huge wallet, but no money in it....
I bet shipping took care of that... :)

SAShruby
26-Jul-2006, 19:25
I went take a look on J&C and There is JanC 200 and ADOX as well...Is Adox Efke brand? It's way cheaper than FP4. I might take couple boxes of Adox then. Anyway, I do brush technique, so there should not be any problem with emulsion.

Please post your opinion which one.

Jorge Gasteazoro
26-Jul-2006, 19:28
I went take a look on J&C and There is JanC 200 and ADOX as well...Is Adox Efke brand? It's way cheaper than FP4. I might take couple boxes of Adox then. Anyway, I do brush technique, so there should not be any problem with emulsion.

Please post your opinion which one.
I have not used either so I am only going by rumors, but if you plan to use Azo I dont think JandC 200 is a good choice, it does not build enough density. I have heard good things about Efke, so you might want to try it. I am sure those who have used Efke will let you know how they like it.

SAShruby
26-Jul-2006, 19:28
;) Actually not too much Jorge. Herwig Prammer, the guy he sold me camera, works for company they have affiliation in Canada. It was only hudred bucks. Not bad for BIG HEAVY BEAST!!! My beast!!! Yeaah.

SAShruby
26-Jul-2006, 19:31
I know, I have three boxes of JandC Pro 100 and I tried Pyrocat-HD. Negative came thin and when I printed on AZO Grade2 (the only one I have) It came out very contrasty. No luck so far to get something reasonable out of these negatives. Even more, I tried some low light shots and reciprocity is huge. My lightmeter indicated 2 min. exposure at f22, I ended up shooting 1Hour 15 minutes to get resonable negative. Reciprocity factor is 5.25.

John Kasaian
27-Jul-2006, 16:25
For fun you might try APHS in spent paper developer. Anyway, its cheap! If fact its probably the only thing associated with ULF that I'd even suggest as being called "cheap"

You can also get 9-1/2" aerial film and cut it down to fit in your holders. Nice stuff actually!

SAShruby
27-Jul-2006, 17:29
For fun you might try APHS in spent paper developer. Anyway, its cheap! If fact its probably the only thing associated with ULF that I'd even suggest as being called "cheap"

You can also get 9-1/2" aerial film and cut it down to fit in your holders. Nice stuff actually!

Ortho means it is not sensitive to red...,correct? So I can forget about 25 red filter...

snuck
27-Jul-2006, 18:25
Hey you're right near me. Let me know if you're shooting in Toronto... I want to take a look at it...
Cheers

SAShruby
28-Jul-2006, 05:46
That's right. It is close. If you would travel to Niagara region, give me a call.

Anyway I promised pictures so here they are: She's beautiful, isn't she?