PDA

View Full Version : Lens board for 65mm?

rkarlsba
22-Jul-2006, 09:30
hi

I have an old Linhof Technika 4x5", and I recently got a used Schneider Super-Angulon 65mm for it. However, I miss a lens board for this, the ones I have mount holes far too large. Also, someone told me I had to use one with a spacer or something (like the one I have for the 90mm). I found one at bhphotovideo, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=152669&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation, but I don't really like the idea of spending more money on the lens board than on the lens. Do anyone know where I can find such a thing second hand?

thanks

roy

David A. Goldfarb
22-Jul-2006, 10:35
Your 65mm Super-Angulon is probably in a 00 shutter. I have one too, and I bought a new lens board for it. To use the 65mm lens on a Technika, you need the Wide-Angle Focusing Device and a flat Linhof 23 lensboard (if you are using a Tech IV, V or MT). There was a different Wide-Angle Focusing Device for the Tech III.

rkarlsba
23-Jul-2006, 04:02
This is a 1950 Technika III. Any idea where I can get appropriate board or focusing device for that? or what it's called?

thanks

roy

rkarlsba
23-Jul-2006, 05:42
Never mind this thread. It seems I've made a mistake or having been misinformed when buying this. It's one of these, http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/angulon/data/6,8-65mm.html, and it's made for 6.5x9cm at most, not 4x5"

roy

Ole Tjugen
23-Jul-2006, 13:59
Try it anyway:

Drop the bed, put the front standard all the way back to the extreme end of the rails. Then move the second rail backwards! That just might let you focus a 65mm in a flat board, just like it let me focus a 90mm in a flat board on a Technika III 5x7".

The lens won't cover the full 4x5", but the effect might be interesting...

rkarlsba
23-Jul-2006, 14:03
I might try :)
But still, where would I be able to get a lens board for this? I don't have any with that small a hole for the lens....

Ole Tjugen
23-Jul-2006, 23:49
You could use shims - two thin rings of whatever, a little larger than the hole in another lensboard. Use the mounting ring to clamp the two shims to the lensboard.

On the other hand, lens boards for Tech III's are very simple to make. Even I managed to make a lens board for the 5x7" Technika. Drilled a hole with a hole saw on a hand drill, filed it out to the correct size with a round file.

Capocheny
24-Jul-2006, 01:51
I might try :)
But still, where would I be able to get a lens board for this? I don't have any with that small a hole for the lens....

Try the bay... they do show up there on occasion but they're not inexpensive. However, it'll depends on the luck of the draw and how many people are interested in the item at that particular time.

That'll probably be the lowest price source for one of these boards.

Cheers

lungovw
24-Jul-2006, 06:52
Hi,

You need something like this:
It shows up on ebay from time to time.
http://lungov.com/wagner/c/083c.html

I used it with 4x5 and the lens coverage is not bad at all although with the Technika V it leaves no room for movements.

Rgd

Wagner