PDA

View Full Version : help

lee nadel
20-Jul-2006, 11:57
my son is in roswell n mexico area his busch pressman is jammed the front standard won't come out anyone around or know of a repair person thanks lee nadel

Brian Schall
20-Jul-2006, 12:18
Lee

Probably the closest and only place in New Mexico with a repair person is Albuquerque. And even here there are only 2 repair shops and 2 old fashion camera stores.

Having owned a Pressman, I can't think of what could be holding it up. They are pretty simple. Unless something is physically in it jamming it up or the rails aren't lining up, I have no guesses.

Good luck.

Brian

lee nadel
20-Jul-2006, 14:00
thanks

Glenn Thoreson
20-Jul-2006, 15:00
I can't think of anything that would jam it. I have a few of he 2X3 variety, but I don't know if the 4X5 rails are set up the same. The 2X3 can be pretty finicky about the front standard lining up to slide out onto the front focusing section of the rails, occasionally. Especially if the front section is not all the way back. It takes a little careful wiggling of the standard, sometimes, to get past the space between the rear section and the front (long) section. Other than that, and making sure the clamp is undone, I'm at a loss. Is the camera new to him?