PDA

View Full Version : Linhof feature

Bob McCarthy
20-Jul-2006, 06:38
My technika has a prism window near the "hot shoe". I bought it used. Was there a "feature" that I am not aware of?

Bob

Bob Salomon
20-Jul-2006, 10:50
Which model Technika did you buy? If you are not sure then what is its serial number?

Bob McCarthy
20-Jul-2006, 11:16
I believed it was a MT2000. It has the in-box focus for very short lenses along with the snap panel. I had it side by side with Scott Rosenburg's 2000 and there were a few differences. Trim (controls) was more black/silver vs. silver on Scotts. It had a bracket base for an attachment which was unused, and near the place for a "shoe" (for bubble level) there was a window that appeared to be a prism of some sort.

I looked at the serial number this morning and from memory it was 511 3XX. I'm sure of the first 3 numbers. the last three are foggy.

Bob

Bob McCarthy
20-Jul-2006, 11:18
ooops, where are my manners.

Thanks for replying,

bob

Bob Salomon
20-Jul-2006, 11:53
You have a very early 2000. On the original 2000 an accessory IR focusing rangefinder/viewfinder was available as an accessory. It came with a device that plugged into the two holes on top of the front standard that sent a signal back to the IR RF/VF assembly on top of the camera. That unit picked up the signal from the prisim you are asking about.

As the RF/VF did not perform as it was supposed to it was discontinued shortly after it was introduced and the prisim that you have was no longer put into the camera. It has no function as the finder is not available.

Bob McCarthy
20-Jul-2006, 12:39
Thank you.

bob