PDA

View Full Version : New book by Chris Jordan - In Katrina's Wake

tim atherton
18-Jul-2006, 16:38
Well if Chris isn't going to toot has own horn too loudly - I'll try it for him

there is a new book due out by Chris from Princeton Architectural Press:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156898622X/sr=8-2/qid=1153265483/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-6915131-4717560?ie=UTF8

http://tinyurl.com/emewj

looks good!

(I'll take a signed copy... :cool: )

QT Luong
18-Jul-2006, 17:59
Chris, will you be selling signed copies ?

Capocheny
18-Jul-2006, 20:01
Interesting... I'll have to keep an eye out for a copy when they're released at the local bookstore.

Congrats Chris! :)

Cheers

chris jordan
18-Jul-2006, 22:12
Hi guys, thanks for the plug. Yep, I'll have signed copies available through my studio on a limited basis, for $25. The entire proceeds from all the sales will be going back to hurricane relief charities, thanks to a generous grant from the Lannan Foundation that funded the book production. But please don't send orders for awhile yet; it will be another three weeks or so until I get the books (mid-August).

~cj

www.chrisjordan.com

Jeremy Moore
19-Jul-2006, 11:51
Definitely down for a signed copy, Chris, you'll have to make sure you post back when they arrive.

paulr
19-Jul-2006, 12:57
The sample pictures on the amazon site look phenomenal ... so much more interesting than the sensationalist photo essays I've seen elsewhere.

this one gave me a post-apocolyptic vision of the famous Eggleston tricycle picture:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/156898622X/ref=dp_otherviews_4/102-9111928-4060106?ie=UTF8&s=books&img=4

tim atherton
19-Jul-2006, 19:27
Intersting cross-thread here (apart from a couple of the usual pillocks...)

and Sam's katrina work (really like the "Debris")

www.samuelportera.com

(apparently he has a more cogent set in the APUG Galleries, but as I'm not in the least bit interested in subscribing I haven't seen them)

Chris - FYI interesting point about funds to Katrina "relief" at the end

(BTW I also see Larry Towell's Katrina book is coming out... must be that one year anniversary!)

Kirk Gittings
20-Jul-2006, 07:33
Superb portfolio Chris. Some of those images are classics.

Jon Wilson
20-Jul-2006, 08:09
Maybe I should have read through all the posts first, but I was so excited about Chris' book I went ahead and preordered it on amazon. It looks like an amazing work and I look forward to enjoying it. Thank you. Jon

medform-norm
20-Jul-2006, 09:30
I'll stand in line for a signed copy as well. Have posted your work in my blog and it has been picked up elsewhere as well, so you might get lots of orders! I hope so. Just tell me where to leave my shipping address and how to pay and stuff....

Norm

Andre Noble
22-Jul-2006, 03:12
Photos look like a combination between Joel Meyerowitz's soft colours and Lee Friedlander landscapes. (That's a compliment).

Subject is kind of depressing, though. I'm sure project took a lot emotionally to complete.

jshanesy
22-Jul-2006, 20:38
Photos look like a combination between Joel Meyerowitz's soft colours and Lee Friedlander landscapes. (That's a compliment).

They look to me like the work of Chris Jordan, who has his own voice. (That's the highest compliment.)

QT Luong
10-Aug-2006, 19:37
Chris, thank you for refering to all of us as your friends in your acknowledgements !

tim atherton
10-Aug-2006, 20:40
Hey Chris,

I got an email from Amazon today recommending your book based on my previous purchases... !

:-)

Jack Flesher
10-Aug-2006, 21:35
I just received my signed copy and had to post a glowing recommendation for this book! The collection of images Chris put together is stunning and only enhanced further by the quality of the printing -- outstanding job Chris!

Cheers,

chris jordan
11-Aug-2006, 10:01
Hello Jack, thanks for your kind words. I'm glad it arrived safely.

Cheers from Seattle,

~cj