PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 to 5x7 reducing back for Kodak Master

Tony Karnezis
17-Jul-2006, 11:26
I own an 8x10 Kodak Master. I have a 4x5 Burke & James reducing back and would like to buy a 5x7 reducing back. Does anyone know if Ansco 5x7 reducing backs fit? I understand the best way to be sure is to measure all the back's dimensions including the pin-to-pin distances. But I'm wondering if, like the B&J backs, the Anscos are supposed to fit as well. Specifically, I'm asking about this back because there's one for sale on ebay. Thanks.

william linne
17-Jul-2006, 12:43
I don't think they fit. I tried the 5x7 reducing back from B&J once in Adolf Gasser's and it didn't fit. The ones specifically made for the camera do come up on ebay quite frequently.

Ted Harris
17-Jul-2006, 19:00
Contact Richard Ritter at www.lg4mat.net, or call him on the phone. If the back you own is close Richard can probably adapt it for you at a very reasonable price.

Michael Kadillak
24-Sep-2006, 21:22
I own an 8x10 Kodak Master. I have a 4x5 Burke & James reducing back and would like to buy a 5x7 reducing back. Does anyone know if Ansco 5x7 reducing backs fit? I understand the best way to be sure is to measure all the back's dimensions including the pin-to-pin distances. But I'm wondering if, like the B&J backs, the Anscos are supposed to fit as well. Specifically, I'm asking about this back because there's one for sale on ebay. Thanks.

Contact me Tony as when I cleaned out the darkroom I found a mint Kodak Master 5x7 reducing back for the 8x10 camera that is for sale.

Michael Kadillak

John Kasaian
24-Sep-2006, 21:33
Tony,

FWIW, None of the Agfa/Ansco backs I've seen attach via conventional pins, but snap in using spring tabs that snap onto the brass fittings on the the back

Geary Lyons
24-Sep-2006, 22:55
Michael,
If the OP is not interested, I may be. Pease PM me.

Cheers,
Geary

Erik Lauritzen
19-Oct-2006, 23:33
Is this Kodak Master an 8x10 2D?

Mark Sampson
20-Oct-2006, 05:16
The Kodak 8x10 Master View Camera (its full name) is a quite different camera than the 2D. Some people call it the "metal Deardorff". It was made c.1948-56, after the 2D was discontinued. The backs are not compatible, as far as I know.