PDA

View Full Version : 6x17 back with 90mm lens wont focus help!!

Gary Tarbert
15-Jul-2006, 03:43
I recently purchased this back for my 5x4 as hard as i try i can't get it to focus with my 90mm i really don't want to reccess my 90mm because i mainly use it for 5x4 any suggestions? or has anybody else had the same problem?

Gary Tarbert
15-Jul-2006, 03:46
oops! forgot to mention the back is the art panorama from Shen Hao

Stewart Skelt
15-Jul-2006, 05:30
Hi. I use the "Art Panorama" made by Kang Tai which I think is pretty much the same thing. On my Horseman 45FA I can only just manage to focus with a 90mm, but it is quite tricky. The front standard is too back far to grip the focussing rails properly, so I need to position by hand.

I am looking for a recessed lensboard but these are rare for the 45FA, and I'm not sure I could actually fit my SA90 into one anyway, given the small size.

The (expensive) alternative is to keep an eye out for a 105mm lens.

David A. Goldfarb
15-Jul-2006, 11:52
What camera are you using? I have the DaYi version of this back and have no trouble using it on my Linhof Tech V with a 90mm lens in a recessed board.

If you put your 90mm lens in a recessed board, it will give you more room for movements on 4x5" as well as making the lens usable on 6x17, at the possible expense of making the controls harder to operate, depending on what lensboards your camera uses.

If your camera can use a bag bellows, that might work, but again, it depends on the camera.

Gary Tarbert
15-Jul-2006, 19:18
Hi the camera is a shen hao and i have bag bellows for it i have been trying to avoid recessing but it might be the only answer

Steve Barber
15-Jul-2006, 20:21
Have you tried moving the front standard bracket back (out of the normal 90 degree detents) and then tilting the front standard parallel with the back. This will set the front standard a bit closer to the camera back than using the normal full upright position with the bracket detents.