PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love.....with a monster.

Jim Rice
10-Jul-2006, 17:03
I recieved my Green Monster today (Thanks, Jeff). Slapped her on the scale and confirmed that she is magnesium. Wow!!! She's been sitting up for a while, so she is smoothing out more and more as I play with her. By the time I aquire a lens she should be ready to go. I've read the Yates piece on the homepage about a thousand times and searched the forum.....any other reasources out there? Any tips or hints? Really I just wanted to share my excitment.:D

Chris Strobel
10-Jul-2006, 17:14
I recieved my Green Monster today (Thanks, Jeff). Slapped her on the scale and confirmed that she is magnesium. Wow!!! She's been sitting up for a while, so she is smoothing out more and more as I play with her. By the time I aquire a lens she should be ready to go. I've read the Yates piece on the homepage about a thousand times and searched the forum.....any other reasources out there? Any tips or hints? Really I just wanted to share my excitment.:D

I hear ya Jim, I've been lovin my black beast.I will probably switch to the green version when a minty crosses my path

Chris

Ralph Barker
10-Jul-2006, 19:39
Congrats, Jim. I'm sure you'll have great fun with it.

John Kasaian
10-Jul-2006, 21:10
Great news! I'll have to smoke a cigar in honor of your new baby! Enjoy Her---savor every square inch of that 8x10 gg and she won't let ya down! A 14" Commercial Ektar makes a nice playmate.

Jim Rice
10-Jul-2006, 23:35
She's a big baby.

Andre Noble
11-Jul-2006, 00:13
There's a sayng that goes something like, 'Don't love anything that can't love you back."

I feel your excitement, but it's only a Toyo.:)

Ben Calwell
11-Jul-2006, 05:03
Jim,
I hope you have fun with your new camera. I used to own one, but, as I've posted here in the past, the weight (I had the black version) got to be a real desire killer for me. They are built like a tank, though.
I've got an old 2D that hope to start using soon (as soon as I get a decent lens for it). It's much lighter, but probably not as solid as your green monster.
Have fun.