PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Technika lens

jerry smithson
21-Mar-2000, 14:48
I recently purchased a Schneider-Kreuznach "Technika Tele-Arton 5.5 360mm lens with a Compound shutter on a Technika linhof lensboard for my Toyo A11 field camera as a long lens. Can anyone tell me more information about this lens, I know by checking the serial # is was made in 1965. The glass seems to be in perfect condition.

good choice?? Bad choic

Bob Salomon
22-Mar-2000, 06:05
Are you sure that it is in its original shutter. 1965 seems a bit late for lenses to be in a Cmpound.

If it has been remounted then the aperture scales could be off and/or the performance could be compromised.

Bob Salomon
22-Mar-2000, 06:07
Are you sure that it is in its original shutter. 1965 seems a bit late for lenses to be in a Cmpound.

If it has been remounted then the aperture scales could be off and/or the performance could be compromised.

"good choice?? Bad choic"

Shouldn't you have asked this before you bought the lens?

neil poulsen
22-Mar-2000, 10:03
I'm also curious about this lens and it's performance relative to a 360 Symmar S (SC) or a 14" Schneider/Swiss MC Dagor, three alternatives that I've been considering.

I like the idea that it's a telephoto and doesn't require the longer bellows draw. But, how does it stack up in performance?

Doug Paramore
22-Mar-2000, 11:01
Jerry: I would have to agree with Dan...take it out and shoot a few sheets. If you are satisfied, it is a good lens. Lenses, especially the older ones, can vary greatly in performance. While it is great fun to discuss the merits of various lenses, the final test is whether it makes good pictures for you. A lens does not have to be the newest or the sharpest on the market to make good photographs. Doug.