David Karp
7-Jul-2006, 11:35
Hi all,

If you were a fan of Agfa RSXII 100 transparency film, and

You live in or near Los Angeles, and

You have a 4x5 camera or a 4x5 reducing back, and

You have some traditional film holders, and

You don't mind that it expired in August 2003, then

You might want to run down to Freestyle Photo and buy some. They have 8 - 10 50 sheet boxes in the bargain basket. Price is $10 per box. I bought one box this morning. I asked if they will ship these, and they said that it is for in-store sales only.

Just thought some of you might be interested. Its a nice film that I used sometimes in 120. Fifty sheets of color film might last me for the next 5 years! Into the freezer it goes.

Dave

Rider
7-Jul-2006, 12:13
too bad they won't ship it; maybe you should buy it all up and become a middle man?

Ted Harris
7-Jul-2006, 14:30
I have shot a lot of this film in 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 and it is a nice film. To my eye totally differentthan anything on the market today. It is a very warm film, even warmer than the now discontinued E100SW; I find it produces marvelous tranny's when shooting in the Fall. Only drawback, if it matters, is that the grain is a bit larger than you see from all the modern emulsions.

I bought out the remaining stock of the last run of the stuff from a small store in Italy in 13x18 a year + ago. I have shared some of it with folks here and have 4-5 boxes left in the freezer. I urge anyone who likes the description they read here to go and get what they can from Freestyle.