PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Zürich!

joolsb
5-Jul-2006, 11:39
Hello everyone!

My name's Julian and I'm an LF-aholic... :D

I'm British but currently living in Zürich - where it's currently raining. Again.

I'm a bit of an LF newbie, having bought my camera (an Ebony) in March this year but I'm learning fast and really enjoying the challenge of 'slow photography'. Previously, I was working with a Mamiya 645 Pro, which I also enjoyed, but something was missing....

As soon as I got the Ebony, I realised what it was - amazing quality and being able to see my compositions slowly come together on the groundglass screen. In short, I'm having a great time shooting LF!

I've no patience (or space) for a traditional darkroom so I scan everything and make use of the 'digital darkroom'. Doing things this way is hugely more satisfying than digital capture and offers the best of both worlds... ;)

Ciao for now!

Capocheny
5-Jul-2006, 12:13
Hello everyone!

My name's Julian and I'm an LF-aholic... :D

I'm British but currently living in Zürich - where it's currently raining. Again.

I'm a bit of an LF newbie, having bought my camera (an Ebony) in March this year but I'm learning fast and really enjoying the challenge of 'slow photography'. Previously, I was working with a Mamiya 645 Pro, which I also enjoyed, but something was missing....

As soon as I got the Ebony, I realised what it was - amazing quality and being able to see my compositions slowly come together on the groundglass screen. In short, I'm having a great time shooting LF!

I've no patience (or space) for a traditional darkroom so I scan everything and make use of the 'digital darkroom'. Doing things this way is hugely more satisfying than digital capture and offers the best of both worlds... ;)

Ciao for now!

Hi Julian,

If you're British... you should be use to the rain! :) Since I'm in Vancouver, BC in Canada, I also know "rain" all too well! We do get more than our fair share in the winter months!

Yup, "slow photography" is an appropriate description for the process. But, it sure IS fun, isn't it?

No wet darkroom for this shooter either!

Anyway, welcome to the group! :)

Cheers

Barry F
5-Jul-2006, 14:23
Another Brit on the forum - woo-hoo! We're taking over ;)

Welcome to this very friendly and knowledgable forum.

Barry

Ralph Barker
5-Jul-2006, 19:20
Greetings, Julian. Welcome to the forum.

Armin Seeholzer
6-Jul-2006, 13:20
He cool soon we can make an apuger meeting in little Switzerland!
I'm between Zürich and Luzern.
Armin

Michael Daily
6-Jul-2006, 19:08
Welcome to the Banana Factory. If we weren't crazy, we would probably be Luddites. While others go smaller, faster, crummier on cell phones; we go bigger, slower, better on wood, brass and glass (more or less). Welcome, again.
Michael

Eric Biggerstaff
6-Jul-2006, 19:09
Welcome and have fun, this is a great forum.