PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lancaster, England

Jean Nightingale
2-Jul-2006, 14:12
Hello all, to introduce myself
I did some large format work for my college course last semester when I borrowed my tutor's camera.(He is Jim Williams and is over here from Canada) Anyway it was a 5x4 Toyo-view monorail with 130mm lens. I took some church interiors in b+w. and was really pleased with them. I havn't developed negs in a while but they came out great. So I am going to continue and photograph Durham cathedral for my final major project next semester. I may make them into a audio-visual slide show. Look forward to talking to you all,
Jean

Ted Harris
2-Jul-2006, 15:13
Jean welcome to our community. Feel free to ask quetions whenver about whatever.
Good to have you.

Capocheny
2-Jul-2006, 15:29
Greetings Jean,

Welcome lad! :)

A Canuck over in the UK... I'm jealous! :)

Post a few pictures and show us the results from your shoot, ok? We'd love to see them.

Cheers

Walter Calahan
2-Jul-2006, 16:05
Hello from Westminster, Maryland, USA.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com

chris jordan
2-Jul-2006, 19:26
Hello Jean, greetings and welcome. I've always been a big fan of Frederick Evans' church interiors-- some of the most atmospheric images in the history of the medium maybe. So I'll look forward to seeing yours, and good luck with your work.

Cheers from Seattle,

~cj

www.chrisjordan.com

Sven Schroder
3-Jul-2006, 12:20
Jean Hello from Sunny Morecambe

I would second Fredrick Evan's work and add Josef Sudek to the mix.
Is your course in Lancaster at the Uni ?

Again Regards From Sunny Morecambe.

Sven

Jean Nightingale
3-Jul-2006, 13:48
Thank you all for your warm replies
Yes I love Frederick Evans and Edwin Smith and some lovely intimate pictures (though not large format) by Noel Kingsley(he has a web site).No, not Lancaster uni. I go down to Bolton.
regards Jean

Barry F
3-Jul-2006, 23:31
Hi Jean,

And welcome from sunny Bolton. The members on here are exceptional with their friendliness and advice - second to none!

You're travelling all the way from Lancaster to Bolton? (I'm sure to our cousins over the pond that's the equivalent of popping out to the corner shop:) ) Wasn't there a course nearer? I'm starting my HNC/Foundation Degree in September at St Helens - any tips?

Anyway, welcome to the group and good luck at Bolton Uni.

Barry

Ralph Barker
4-Jul-2006, 05:49
Welcome to the LFPF, Jean.

Stan. L-B
4-Jul-2006, 12:46
Welcome to the LFPF, Jean.
Here is a very warm welcome from the South of England. You will most likely be spoilt for choice at Durham. Be prepared to pay quite a high fee for using a camera in the place of worship. However, there are plenty of good takes that come free around the area particularly for LF. Good luck.

darr
4-Jul-2006, 14:22
Welcome to the LF Forum Jean!