PDA

View Full Version : Jobo 2336 tank.

Hany Aziz
2-Jul-2006, 14:04
How is the old Jobo 2336 tank with the old elliptical 2021 reels for developing 4x5 sheet film?

Also can you use it wth inversion rather than rotary agitation? If rotary is necessary is rotation on a unicolor base OK? I have a more sophisticated Jobo processor but it will be at least a couple of months before setting it up.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Hans Berkhout
3-Jul-2006, 17:12
I have used the 2336 for 20+ years, it's OK. I use agitation by inversion. To avoid uneven development along the top of the reel, it needs to be well submersed by dev solution, so you need 1100-1200 mls for only 6 sheets of film! So pick a cheap developer eg Rodinal 1:85 or so, or D23 self made and diluted 1:1. For 2 reels 2000 ml is fine but the tank gets heavy and easily slips from your hands when wet, while inverting etc.

Let me know when you are ready to sell it, I wouldn't mind having an extra unit.

Dave Krueger
14-Aug-2006, 07:53
I have used the 2336 for 20+ years, it's OK. I use agitation by inversion. To avoid uneven development along the top of the reel, it needs to be well submersed by dev solution, so you need 1100-1200 mls for only 6 sheets of film! So pick a cheap developer eg Rodinal 1:85 or so, or D23 self made and diluted 1:1. For 2 reels 2000 ml is fine but the tank gets heavy and easily slips from your hands when wet, while inverting etc.

Let me know when you are ready to sell it, I wouldn't mind having an extra unit.

Hmmm... Guess I should have done a better search before posting a separate thread about my problem with uneven development using this very tank and reel...

So, I'm now wondering if this tank is usable for rotary processing at all. Since I often do very few (even one sheet at a time) I don't like having to use 1200 ml of chemicals in a one-shot mode.

mikebarger
28-Aug-2006, 18:43
I have a 4323 tank and the 2021 reels and use it regularly on a unicolor base.

I just do four sheets per reel rather than six sheets you could load. I worrried about
the developer covering six sheets on its side.

I've not had any problems. I've used both HC-110 and 510 Pyro with this setup.

I'm not sure the difference between the 4323 tank and your 2336 tank, but I've not had any problems using the unicolor base with the jobo tank and 2021 reels.

Mike