PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Viewer/Finder help

Fintan
28-Jun-2006, 02:42
Hello, this is my first post, I've been doing MF for years and new to LF.

I'm looking for some help with a Linhof Finder. I got a nice one from a gentleman on APUG, it’s the Linhof Right Angle Finder and part number 002628. Before I bought it I did a search on the net and most descriptions suggested it fit Linhof 5x4 cameras. Unfortunatly it doesn’t fit my Technika III. When I remove the folding hood to fit the finder, the hinge is a different size to the folding hood.

I don’t want to return this finder and cant afford to change the Technika for the moment but I can see myself doing so sometime in the future ;)

So basically I would like some advice on any options to fit this viewer to my Tech III.

Could I replace the Folding hood and the part that holds it, basically making the Tech III back identical to the Tech IV etc?

Or are there any sort of non-destructive modifications or adapters available?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Fintan

Bob Salomon
28-Jun-2006, 04:28
No current accessory for the back or the front will fit the III and there are no adapters to make them fit. The III used its own accessories. So if it fits a IV, V, Master or a Kardan Color or later it won't fit the III.

tim atherton
28-Jun-2006, 08:21
just sent you a pm

Ole Tjugen
28-Jun-2006, 08:23
Will a IV back fit a III? I know it did if both were 5x7", but is that true for 4x5" also?

If so, that could be the best solution...

Bob Salomon
28-Jun-2006, 09:58
Will a IV back fit a III? I know it did if both were 5x7", but is that true for 4x5" also?

If so, that could be the best solution...

No it doesn't fit the III on 45. You might be able to get the entire 45 back from a later model to fit but that would be a very expensive solution. A new Master Technika back is $1841.00 list with gg frame, Foding Focusing hodd and the gg. You would still have to add a fresnel to use the Right Angle Focusing Unit.

Fintan
29-Jun-2006, 13:45
Thanks for the replies.