PDA

View Full Version : canadian,eh!

richard brown
20-Jun-2006, 14:56
Greetings from Canmore, Alberta. I live in the canadian rockies beside banff national park and an hour out of calgary, stampede city. Great country and after 27 years here, the mountains still amaze me with their beauty. I do love to take my large format cameras and travel. Have dragged a toyo 45A through italy, guatemala, mexico, new mexico and new england as well as throughout canada. Like to shoot colour ( please note the correct spelling, yuk,yuk) but have a b&w darkroom.
There are a few of us die hard large format photographers in the area and I am organizing the annual fall photo show (mixed formats and abilities) for the Canmore Artists Guild. Lots of members and friends have embraced the dark side and i too have a lovely D200 nikon but still am not convinced!
I do weddings and family stuff to feed the dog and landscapes to feed my soul.
So far its working in both camps and the dog and I still get to play a lot!
I now have an ebony and a kardan super colour.....but this disease knows no bounds. Always looking for the ideal set up......even shoot with an art pan 6x17, a 35mm noblex and a horseman 6x12 for the field camera. Have done some colour printing and am planning to rent some access to 30x40 processor for an upcoming show. Might call it "Go Big or Go Home"
I am impressed to see so many intelligent, warm, helpful people giving of their abilities and knowledge....one of the many benefits of being part of the photo community.
www.richardbrownphoto.ca

Christopher Perez
20-Jun-2006, 15:11
... you "can more" what? Pickles? Peaches? Sardines? By the case or by the vat? :)

I have no idea why so many Canucks are suddenly turning up (turnuping? - in the vein of fruits and veggies). But it's good to know there is semi-sentient life somewhere in North America.

Welcome! It's good to have you here.

Ralph Barker
20-Jun-2006, 16:47
. . . I am impressed to see so many intelligent, warm, helpful people giving of their abilities and knowledge . . .

Don't be fooled, Richard. Everyone will send you their respective invoices at the end of the month. ;)

Seriously, welcome.

Capocheny
20-Jun-2006, 19:48
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the best gosh darn forum on the world wide web! :)

... you "can more" what? Pickles? Peaches? Sardines? By the case or by the vat? :)

I have no idea why so many Canucks are suddenly turning up (turnuping? - in the vein of fruits and veggies). But it's good to know there is semi-sentient life somewhere in North America.

Christopher,

LOL... We've ALWAYS been here but it's just that we're a wee bit on the shy side!

Eh! :)

Cheers

Jim MacKenzie
20-Jun-2006, 20:41
I have no idea why so many Canucks are suddenly turning up

Doncha know? Now that we have 24 hours of daylight, some of the snow has melted and the cameras lost last fall in the snowbanks are there for the taking.

Eric Rose
20-Jun-2006, 20:44
Say hi to my buddy Craig Richards

Gary Nylander
20-Jun-2006, 21:27
Richard,

The Rockies are such an inspiration, what a great place to be !

Gary

Capocheny
20-Jun-2006, 21:38
Doncha know? Now that we have 24 hours of daylight, some of the snow has melted and the cameras lost last fall in the snowbanks are there for the taking.

Tooooooooooooo funny! :)

Cheers

JW Dewdney
20-Jun-2006, 22:13
But it's good to know there is semi-sentient life somewhere in North America.

HEY!!! Who you calling semi-sentient you american scum??

(j/k)

Gary Smith
21-Jun-2006, 00:01
Nice to see you on this forum too, Richard.

Welcome aboard.

Gary

tim atherton
21-Jun-2006, 07:53

hey - we've been here from the beginning...

Ron Marshall
21-Jun-2006, 10:47
Canmore is a great place to be for LF. Good shooting!

Mike Kovacs
21-Jun-2006, 11:04
London Ontario

I shoot some LF on my 4x5 monorail, mostly nature photography. I do some camera repair as a hobby.

Joseph O'Neil
21-Jun-2006, 12:17
After years of watching Royal Canadian Air Farce on the CBC (or in reruns), how can anyone publically admit they are from Canmore?

:)

From London, Ont too. Mike (above) is probally the SOB who beat me to the good, used 4x5 Omega enlarger at Reades a couple weeks ago. :)

joe

snuck
21-Jun-2006, 16:45
Victor, here from Toronto, please don't throw stuff, I grew up here!

Jeff Corbett
25-Jun-2006, 20:10
Good to find another LF photographer in these parts. We live in Waiparous. I'll hope to meet you some time.

Jeff

Mitspooner
5-Jul-2006, 16:28
Completly new to the format but have been a 35mm shooter for a while and started using medium format for the past year and a half. Have been learning alot from other forums and I know a couple of the names here. I really want to learn LF and found this is one of the places to do it!! I don't know if it will show up but I'm in London, Ontario but my heart is still in Calgary (born and raised).