PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Zoom 2 Back Fit Linhof Lardan 45s???

Alan Mevis
17-Jun-2006, 14:37
I just bought a used Linhof Kardan Color 45s in great condition. I want to get a roll film back for it, and I'm considering the Sinar Zoom 2 multi-format roll film back, but I'm not sure that it fits the back on this camera. Also, can anyone tell me what's the generic name of the back on my camera. I keep reading about "Graflok", "Internatinal", spring loaded. I have a Polaroid 545i film holder for it that just slides in from the top in front of the ground glass. This should be a good clue as to the nature of the back of the camera. Thanks.

Bob Salomon
17-Jun-2006, 15:15
The 45S has the standard Linhof International back. That is the Linhof version of a Graflok back.

Alan Mevis
19-Jun-2006, 10:25
Bob,

Which Linhof Rollex roll film back fits my 45s and would it have multiple format options? Also, would the G/G back have to be completely removed to use the Linhof roll film back?

Bob Salomon
19-Jun-2006, 11:30
No Linhof back has multi format operartion. But then all linhof backs have a frame counter rather then a film length indicator.

Linhof currently makes; 6x7, 6x9 and a true 6x12 (56 x 120mm). In the recent past for 4x5 they also made 6x6, 35mm and 5" roll backs as well that would fit.

Rather then multi format backs Linhof made drop-in inserts that all fit the same shell. So 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9 inserts could be dropped into the Super Rollex housing. Some were available in either 120 or 220 inserts.

Alan Mevis
19-Jun-2006, 18:28
Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Do all the Linhof Rollex roll film backs fit my 45s? If not, which ones fit? Also, how does the Rollex back attach to the 45s? Does the ground glass have to be removed before the Rollex can be attached, or does it just slip in between the ground glass and the bellows? Thanks.

Bart Langenaken
25-Jun-2006, 05:26
Alan,
I used a Sinar Zoom2 on my Linhof TK45s and on a MT2000 without problems.

Bob Salomon
25-Jun-2006, 06:10
Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Do all the Linhof Rollex roll film backs fit my 45s? If not, which ones fit? Also, how does the Rollex back attach to the 45s? Does the ground glass have to be removed before the Rollex can be attached, or does it just slip in between the ground glass and the bellows? Thanks.

All Super, Techno and Rapid Rollex backs fit your camera. The Rapid Rollex slips into and view camera. The others require that you remove the GG and you hold the backs in place with the sliding clamps on the back of the camera.