PDA

View Full Version : MT2000 Field Failure in New York City... Please Help ASAP!!

Scott Rosenberg
8-Jun-2006, 22:43
hey guys, i'm in new york city for a quick visit and went out to times square to do some shooting. well, when i use my shortest lenses (58 and 80) which require the front standard to be mounted on the inner most rail, i found that there is a lot of movement. it seems as though the inner most rail - the one with the internal focusing mechanism - is not securely attached to the camera 'box'.

is this a quick fix? i couldn't find any obvious screws to tighten.
if not, where in the city can i have this repaired... i'm staying just off times square.

thanks for any help!!!
scott

Mike H.
9-Jun-2006, 00:05
Scott, Isn't that where B&H is located? Look them up in the phone book and take a taxi over there in the morning. Lots of the taxi drivers know right where it is. Not too far from Times Square if I remember right. A little south and a little west. Just don't try on Saturday. They're closed. I learned that from experience.

Hany Aziz
9-Jun-2006, 03:21
Lens and Repro are in NYC, and I believe they either have a repair department or at least do some repairs in house. Either way they are well established in large format and should be able to help. Sounds like a simple loose screw. They are open weekdays only but not on weekends.

Sincerely,

Hany.

David A. Goldfarb
9-Jun-2006, 03:41
Too bad Professional Camera Repair isn't around anymore. They could have fixed it on the spot.

B&H would probably just direct you to the repair department and ship it to Marflex. Maybe upstairs in the used department someone could help you. Lens and Repro is a good bet or maybe Photo Gizzmo, if it's something simple.

Scott Rosenberg
9-Jun-2006, 04:37
thanks fellas!! i thought about bruce's field camera and lens and repro - i figured b&h wouldn't be able to fix it on the spot. i'll make some calls this morning... THANKS!

Steve Hamley
9-Jun-2006, 06:30
Good luck Scott!

Steve

Helen Bach
9-Jun-2006, 09:32
Scott,

Drop me a PM or an email if you have problems. I live near Times Square.

Best,
Helen

Scott Rosenberg
12-Jun-2006, 16:04
a quick update... i was unable to reach anyone that could work on the camera locally, so was forced to shoot only down to 110mm. i missed a few shots i would have liked to have gotten, but hey, at least it wasn't a complete loss!!

i guess my camera is off to marflex in the morning.

scott

David A. Goldfarb
12-Jun-2006, 18:36
You couldn't use the 80mm? I can use a 75mm lens in a recessed board on my Tech V with the rail in the retracted position.