PDA

View Full Version : Bright Screen/brighter glass for a Cambo 8x10

MarshallS
8-Jun-2006, 15:44
So I searched around the previous articles and found them to be mostly too specific for what I'm wondering. I'll be doing a ton of night shooting with the cambo, using most likely a 5.6 lens and a decent dark cloth however I really want to invest in making my back brighter. So should I look into the Beattie (although 329 is a ton of money on a gamble) or should I start with something simpler. Any advice is much appreciated. also, whereabouts these days is a great place to get a dark cloth.

Bob Gentile
8-Jun-2006, 16:34
"... I really want to invest in making my back brighter. So should I look into the Beattie (although 329 is a ton of money on a gamble) or should I start with something simpler... whereabouts these days is a great place to get a dark cloth.
Why not look into a Satin Snow (http://www.satinsnowglass.com/) GG first? It's a WAY less expensive way to add some brightness to a back. If it's not good enough, at least you'll only have spent around $35.

Re dark cloths, there's a recent thread here about them. Regular ones can be had at the usual places -- B&H, Adorama, Calumet...