PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Zoom 2 on Linhof Technika IV

jeepunic
6-Jun-2006, 23:58
I obtained a used Sinar Zoom 2 roll film holder. I was hoping to use it on my Linhof Technika IV 4x5.

I just found out that I cannot put the film holder on the camera. It is just too thick. I was wondering whether this is a way to use it.

Otherwise, I have to find someting else in order to get 6x12 format.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Bob Salomon
7-Jun-2006, 01:35
Linhof Techno Rollex 6x12cm back and it is 56 x 120mm rather then 111mm and truly holds the film flat.

robc
7-Jun-2006, 04:48
thats odd because I had a zoom II which fitted into a technikardan no problem.
I thought the backs were the same.

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
7-Jun-2006, 04:55
If I remember correctly the SINAR holder has rails on the side where the sliding
clips of the graphmatic back can slide into. Try to take away the ground glass and
the frame and fasten the Sinar holder with these slides.(Just like the Linhof panorama holder is fastened)

robc
7-Jun-2006, 05:00
zoom 2 does not attach to hooks. Its designed to fit under GG.

Bob may know if replacing the the GG spring back with a newer version would allow the zoom 2 to fit under GG. i.e. if the current version has greater travel.

Oren Grad
7-Jun-2006, 06:52
zoom 2 does not attach to hooks. Its designed to fit under GG.

Are you sure? I have the older Sinar Panorama 6x12 holder, which is the same basic design but just in a fixed 6x12 format. It has the grooves, and can be used either as a slide-in or with the Graflok clips on cameras that have removable ground glass frames.

Patrik Roseen
7-Jun-2006, 07:16
For those who would like to see what a Sinar Zoom 2 looks like you can see it here.

sinar zoom 2 currently on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.de/Sinar-Rollfilmkassette-Zoom-2-mit-Variomaske_W0QQitemZ7627030482QQcategoryZ8277QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I have no interest in this specific item...I only like to show what it looks like.

From previous threads on this forum people talk about the need of force to push it in under the groundglass, with an increased risk of moving the camera after it has been set up.

Oren Grad
7-Jun-2006, 08:00
Patrik, thanks for posting the link. As best I can tell from looking at the pictures, robc is remembering it correctly - the Graflok grooves that are on my Panorama are not visible on the Zoom 2. That's really a shame...