PDA

View Full Version : New BLACKJACKET(TM) patterns

Keith S. Walklet
4-Jun-2006, 22:12
New BLACKJACKET™

As some of you may already know, I’ll have a booth at the View Camera Conference in Chicago at the end of this week. I delayed committing until I was certain that I’d have new product to share. And, I do.

1. I will have all models and styles of the BLACKJACKET™ for inspection, including 4x5, 40” Tweener, 5x7, 8x10, SLR, with the latest features (BLACKBAG™, more opaque fabric, double toggle system) and, … drum roll, prototypes of the ULF models I’ve been working on.

I know, you’ve all been very patient with regard to the ULF patterns. It has been a looong process. But, I like things to work the way they should. As such, my desire to make the ideal pattern won out over my desire to get them done without proper evaluation.

Kerik Kouklis and Sandy King have generously provided me with feedback on the designs for the ULF styles, which, like my 8x10 model with the restrictor clip, are designed to be used with multiple camera formats. I’ve tweaked the patterns quite a bit since the initial concept, but felt it would be beneficial to present the design to a larger audience before they go into production.

2. I will also have a stock of the STANDARD BLACKBAG™ conversion kits that will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis, free of charge to customers who purchased earlier models of the BLACKJACKET™ before I devised this solution for filling the gap below the rear camera bed.

There will also be a small supply of the 8x10 BLACKBAG™ at the show as well…as many as I could commandeer from my fabricator.

But, if you won’t be at the show, don’t fret, as I am expecting delivery of a quantity of the STANDARD and 8x10 BLACKBAG™ sufficient to meet the needs of all of my past customers.

I hope you have a chance to swing by, but if not, all these products will hit the market shortly.

Doug Dolde
4-Jun-2006, 23:07
I always thought it looked more like a STRAIGHTJACKET !

Keith S. Walklet
5-Jun-2006, 07:18
LOL, Doug, I like it!

Perfectly appropriate given the mindset of the people who are out working regardless of conditions.