PDA

View Full Version : Ilfochrome processing in NYC?

Ken Allen
4-Jun-2006, 17:27
Does anyone now of a lab or custom printer still running an Ilfochrome/Cibachrome processor in NYC?

Thanks!

David A. Goldfarb
4-Jun-2006, 18:25
The venerable Clone-a-chrome is still around under the non-descript-techno-moniker iChrome Editions--

http://www.cloneachrome.com/

Ken Allen
5-Jun-2006, 08:34
Thanks,

I checked with Paul at iChrome/Clone-a-Chrome and several other lab people in NYC. It looks like the Ilfochrome process is not available in NYC any longer.

David A. Goldfarb
5-Jun-2006, 09:34
That's a surprise. Well, if you can work with a lab out of town, you could try Elevator in Toronto, which does optical and digital printing on Ilfochrome--

www.elevatordigital.ca

steve simmons
5-Jun-2006, 16:25
There is a company in Flagstaff, AZ that does Ilfochrome printing

Hatch Partners

steve simmons

Helen Bach
5-Jun-2006, 17:02
Doesn't Laumont (www.laumont.com/laumontStudio.html) still do it? 333 W52 St.

Best,
Helen

stephen frizza
2-Feb-2010, 19:01
My apologies for the previous post, I was not aware it would be against the rules of this forum to announce that I own and operate a lab in Sydney Australia which still prints Ilfochrome up to 50"x 4meters using traditional techniques and will soon be offering the service in digital output as well. I feel that in such a time where ilfochrome is becoming so rare any announcement of ilfochrome services is a positive occurrence which is why I posted that I am able to do it.

Asher Kelman
15-Oct-2011, 13:20
My apologies for the previous post, I was not aware it would be against the rules of this forum to announce that I own and operate a lab in Sydney Australia which still prints Ilfochrome up to 50"x 4meters using traditional techniques and will soon be offering the service in digital output as well. I feel that in such a time where ilfochrome is becoming so rare any announcement of ilfochrome services is a positive occurrence which is why I posted that I am able to do it.

Stephen,

I do hope you are still offering this service. How critical is it to set the color filters and how stable is the paper that one can send Cibachromes through the mail to be processed. I have been told that it can take up to 10 tries to get the right filtration for printing.

Asher