PDA

View Full Version : Layton L-45A???

Scott Rosenberg
4-Jun-2006, 15:31
does anyone know if this camera is ever going to make it to market? any idea when they'll be widely available?

scott

Jack Flesher
4-Jun-2006, 17:35
Scott:

Here is what I heard through the grapvine as of two weeks ago: 1) He has had significant trouble with third-party vendors, namely the machining and 2) he definitely hopes to have a deliverable production model soon.

Scott Knowles
4-Jun-2006, 18:11
All those with deposits are equally hopefully. It's been a long road for John to produce it, and no one has asked for a refund of their deposit. I hope there will news from the View Camera Conference, at least an expectation date, but after so long we're willing to wait for the best camera. And I hope it sells well enough for additional production runs, and I'm sure John will have the parts and production problems sorted out for any additional production runs.

Ted Harris
5-Jun-2006, 06:13
Mike Collette will be bringing his late prototype to the conference with him and we will have it setup for inspection during the Speed Date A Camera session.

John was over to see me last week and we went over all the changes between the prototype and the production model so I will be able to go ovr them with folks at the conference. The earlier post is correct that he had some delivery problems with a third party supplier and had to make some mid course production shifts. I believe they are all worked out now. Unfortunately, John will be in Africa during the Conference. I will do my best to answer questions as John's friend and neighbor.

Scott Rosenberg
5-Jun-2006, 06:42
hi ted,

with the supplier quality issues resolved, does john have any sort of production schedule worked out? is there any estimate as to when the units will be widely available? has there been any change in the per unit cost?

scott