PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a belt for my MCRX...

domenico Foschi
3-Jun-2006, 12:19
...My old faithful MCRX.

It just got a minor trouble: the motor belt broke and I am looking for a replacement.
I have looked in the Beseler site and they don't bother selling parts so small.
Does anybody have a resource `where I can find it, or maybe something that could do the job?

this belt looks roughly 3 1/4 inch in diameter, 1/4 inch wide, and 1/8 thick.
I have never seen a sewing machine belt, could that be a viable option?

Nick_3536
3-Jun-2006, 13:03
http://www.khbphotografix.com/

Ask them.

Is it just a plain belt? Maybe an automotive one might fit?

Brian Ellis
3-Jun-2006, 17:11
I don't know how easy it is to find sewing machine stuff these days. You might check with a vacuum cleaner dealer, they're a little more common I think. Vacuum cleaners take belts and I think the one I just bought was probably about 3" in diameter.

Richard Ide
3-Jun-2006, 23:17
Domenico
Another option would be to check with an industrial supplier of gears pulleys etc. A small timing belt (with teeth but not needed) for small machinery should be easy to find and economical. They are also available in many sizes. Check Boston Gear on the net.

Richard

John Jarosz
4-Jun-2006, 08:01
http://www.smallparts.com/products/descriptions/tb6.cfm

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?CP=Index.htm

One of those sites should have a belt you can use.

HTH

John

James Lauth
9-Feb-2010, 19:18
For reference, the original belt on my 45MCRX was marked UNIROYAL 8791 DHS (or maybe OHS), and was about 10 1/2" in circumference, Beseler part number 562-36-01.

Beseler does sell small parts, but if you order from them what you'll get is a Gates Truflex 0110 v-belt (industry number 2L110), which is available at McMaster-Carr for about 1/5 the price. The belt is 1/4" wide, 1/8" thick, and 11" in circumference.

This is slightly longer than the original belt, but the enlarger's motor mount is slotted so the extra length can be taken up by raising the motor in the slots.

Roger Thoms
9-Feb-2010, 20:26
...My old faithful MCRX.

It just got a minor trouble: the motor belt broke and I am looking for a replacement.
I have looked in the Beseler site and they don't bother selling parts so small.
Does anybody have a resource `where I can find it, or maybe something that could do the job?

this belt looks roughly 3 1/4 inch in diameter, 1/4 inch wide, and 1/8 thick.
I have never seen a sewing machine belt, could that be a viable option?

Have you called Beseler? Although I have ordered recently, I have gotten small parts from them in the past. Last time if I recall it was small plastic screws for my Beseler easel.

Good Luck,
Roger

kev curry
16-Feb-2010, 06:35
Your responding to a 4 year old post and the guys long gone!

James Lauth
16-Feb-2010, 18:35
True, but someone else may find the information useful since these posts turn up in Google. I certainly would have; instead I spent $25 for a belt I could have bought for $4.45.

kev curry
17-Feb-2010, 02:47
James I was responding to Roger who was directly addressing the long gone OP with a question.