PDA

View Full Version : "New Posts" page is acting strange.

Jeffrey Sipress
28-May-2006, 15:17
I never really understand what happens when I click on "new posts". I always expect to see the latest posts, displayed in chrono order. But I've concluded that I'm not. If I reply to a post, or start one, and come back in ten minutes to check in with it, I never see it in the "new posts" list even though it's time is within many times of new posts shown. This is very wierd.

Ralph Barker
28-May-2006, 15:20
I believe the software treats our own responses as having been read by us, hence they don't show as "new" from our individual perspective.

Jeffrey Sipress
28-May-2006, 17:25
Hhmmm... so it's software that's making the decisions like this and it knows that I made the last post. I thought it was the US president's recent 'homeland security' spy-on-citizens program.

Ralph Barker
28-May-2006, 17:29
Hhmmm... so it's software that's making the decisions like this and it knows that I made the last post. I thought it was the US president's recent 'homeland security' spy-on-citizens program.
I'd have to delete any response I might make to that, even though I'm a Republican, so I won't. ;)

Jeffrey Sipress
28-May-2006, 18:49
Thank you for not taking me 'too' seriously!

Capocheny
30-May-2006, 01:26
Jeff,

It's ONLY when you don't know/remember what you've posted that you're really in BIG trouble! :)

Cheers