PDA

View Full Version : Ilford ULF order for 2024

Thom Bennett
19-Apr-2024, 08:08
Anyone know when this is happening? I can't find any mention of it on Ilford's site or elsewhere. Doesn't it normally happen in May?

Oren Grad
19-Apr-2024, 08:41
Last year it was announced on May 22, with the order period running until July 7.

Thom Bennett
19-Apr-2024, 15:06
I'll start saving my pennies...

Joshua Dunn
25-Apr-2024, 04:50
The View Camera Store has it on their website for order now.

https://viewcamerastore.com/

-Joshua

Tin Can
25-Apr-2024, 05:06
https://www.ilfordphoto.com/tag/ultra-large-format/

They seem to be HIDING!

Michael R
25-Apr-2024, 06:10
If it helps anyone I was told Harman just posted on Photrio the 2024 window is now open.

Oren Grad
25-Apr-2024, 06:56
Note that the closing date is earlier than last year, too - June 1 this time:

https://www.ilfordphoto.com//ultra-large-format-and-custom-film-campaign-2024/

analog66
30-Apr-2024, 15:29
Dear ULF community,
I was inspecting the new campaign from Ilford about new orders for ULF film at
https://www.ilfordphoto.com//ultra-large-format-and-custom-film-campaign-2024/
. I found out that their list / www-links of participating dealers is either too old and/or some are not working any more.
Do you have some info where I can order my film, so that I surely get some material in September? Do other dealers have acces to the ULF products and can I order with them? I need film for 14 x 17 ". Any hints are welcome. Thanks in advance.

OKAROB
30-Apr-2024, 15:51
I think you need to ask the dealer when Ilford ships the fill to them. I seem to remember it is in the fall when the film arrives. You might check with Keith Canham, Midwest Photo, Badger Graphic. There are others but I am unable to remember who they are.

New question:
Do all the participating dealers in the USA sell the ULF film for the same prices? I would assume the shipping might be different depending on the distance. Does everyone charge the same handling/ordering fee? Or do I need to shop around? Thanks for your reply

Robert

Oren Grad
30-Apr-2024, 16:14
1. Only the listed dealers are participating. Any stock that others might get will be second-hand and likely delayed.

2. Participating dealers are not obliged to charge the same prices, though they probably will end up pretty close.

3. There is no way to guarantee receiving film in September. Ilford/Harman has stated a target of shipping to resellers and distributors in September, but in prior years the dates when individual dealers have actually received their orders and been in a position to forward them to customers has been highly variable. It is safer to assume that film won't arrive in consumer hands until October or even later.

Oren Grad
30-Apr-2024, 16:28
I found out that their list / www-links of participating dealers is either too old and/or some are not working any more.

I have tested the listed URLs for the US participating dealers. All of them work.

analog66
6-May-2024, 07:43
I have tested the listed URLs for the US participating dealers. All of them work.

Sorry, I was not precise enough: I was looking for german dealers.
There is none when you look into the newest dealer listing for GERMANY ("TBC", whatever that means...), only for AUSTRIA.

Oren Grad
6-May-2024, 12:11
Sorry, I was not precise enough: I was looking for german dealers.
There is none when you look into the newest dealer listing for GERMANY ("TBC", whatever that means...), only for AUSTRIA.

OK. Presumably TBC = "To Be Confirmed", so you might inquire with Ilford to see whether that has changed. But is there any problem ordering from dealers in other EU countries?

analog66
8-May-2024, 01:31
OK. Presumably TBC = "To Be Confirmed", so you might inquire with Ilford to see whether that has changed. But is there any problem ordering from dealers in other EU countries?

Ah, ok, that would make sense if Ilford Photo updates the "participating dealers list" in the near future / the next days ... I personally find it hard to communicate with them (I sent them an email about ULF ordering some months ago, it is still un-answered...). Maybe I have to create an account first, which I don't like.

Now I sent emails to my favourite german/austrian dealers, which are n o t on the list and hopefully I can order from them. Also B&H and other non-european don't have their webshops updated with the new ULF products. If they have, I would immediately order from them, ignoring whether they are on the list or not, european or not, because it's really hard to get film for 14x17". If you know an up-to-date-dealer, I would appreciate your information. Thank you in advance.