PDA

View Full Version : Dealer for Congo Lenses

Ellis Jordan Bojar
27-May-2006, 10:25
Anyone know of a dealer who carries the Congo line of lenses, or an email address for Congo in Japan? The Congo website has only a fax form for ordering, and I have no fax machine, and I can't figure out how I'd pay with one even if I did. I have a very specific project I want the Soft-Focus 150 for, but Badger stopped carrying them some time ago. Thoughts?

Ted Harris
27-May-2006, 10:33
Ted Bromwell, Bromwell Marketing http://www.bromwellmarketing.com/ they market them as "Osaka" lenses but they are Congo.

Ellis Jordan Bojar
27-May-2006, 10:43
The do not seem to list the 150mm f/4 Soft Focus, but I will write them and find out if they can get it...

Ernest Purdum
27-May-2006, 15:39
I wouldn't hesitate to order direct. Unless you are in a very remote location, you could use a fax machine at one of the many packing and shipping services that offer fax service to the public. Yamasaki could advise regarding payment.

Ellis Jordan Bojar
31-May-2006, 21:11
I've tried faxing Yamasaki several times, but someone picks up the phone. With EFax, each page to Japan is only 10 cents, but I don't want to pay for a long-distance conversation. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Bromwell in three days either.

If anyone has an email address for these folks (Yamasaki), it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I'll simply go with a manufacturer whose goods are availible easily.

CXC
1-Jun-2006, 09:48
Not sure if this applies to your case, but Bromwell does much better over the phone than via other means.

Ellis Jordan Bojar
12-Jun-2006, 19:08
Wow. Bromwell and Yamasaki have both failed to get back to me. I believe my next step is to have someone in Japan buy it and ship it over :). I didn't think it'd be so hard to get a hold of...

Matus Kalisky
13-Jun-2006, 04:24
Well, not from my own personal experience, but some people around do have it and they calim that the quality control of the Congo lenses is on the weak side, so if you will finaly find the way how to get the lens you want - try to keep the possiblility of returning or exchanging it open.

M..

Philippe Bedfert
13-Jun-2006, 08:14
Matus,

It sounds strange. I have bought two lenses from Mr Yamasaki. I'm from France and I faxed my order to Yamasaki San. There was no problem to paid and to be delivered in time.
Try again by fax during the night (in Tokyo).
Good luck