PDA

View Full Version : Stephen's New Intrepid 8x10

Andrew O'Neill
6-Apr-2024, 07:18
My friend Stephen, recently received an Intrepid 8x10 from the UK.

https://youtu.be/bwes3Pu6QNo

Tin Can
6-Apr-2024, 10:58
I think I have the four

The need a Branding iron

Rod Klukas
14-Apr-2024, 11:45
May I ask, If you have a camera with movements why point it up, when rise is an easier, less distorting movement....

Vaughan
15-Apr-2024, 03:10
May I ask, If you have a camera with movements why point it up, when rise is an easier, less distorting movement....

Many, many new-to-large-format YouTubers do this. That, and shoot wide open with extreme tilt to get whacky planes of focus because bokeh.

John Layton
15-Apr-2024, 04:19
The question might be more one of intention...or lack thereof due to lack of knowledge through practice.

Tin Can
15-Apr-2024, 05:15
art has no rules

paulbarden
15-Apr-2024, 06:54
Many, many new-to-large-format YouTubers do this. That, and shoot wide open with extreme tilt to get whacky planes of focus because bokeh.

Kate Miller-Wilson uses extreme tilt to achieve this, to great effect. Not everyone who does this is a clueless novice.

Peter De Smidt
15-Apr-2024, 07:35
Tip: try to have one tripod leg going forward. It's very easy to bump one if it's situated between your feet.

John Layton
15-Apr-2024, 15:13
Eating crow and drinking pyro here...feeling very badly about my comments above - with my sincere apologies!

(although I must say...that I do find that marinating the crow in pyro overnight in the fridge...then grilling over a hot fire [after all, it is pyro!] until nice and crispy, and accompanied by some equally charred brussels sprouts and sweet potato slices, along with a nice merlot...makes for an epic feast!)

bob carnie
16-Apr-2024, 10:55
I borrowed a 8x 10 intrepid from Fred Lum last year and it was perfect for me, I thought it was brilliant for my usage.