PDA

View Full Version : odd lens mount

Andrea Gazzoni
20-Mar-2024, 04:14
anyone knows what this mount is for?
never seen before, any info on how to take the lens off would be of great help.
apparently unscrewing the lens doesn't work.
thanks

Andrea Gazzoni
20-Mar-2024, 09:04
the protruding lever runs into a diagonal slot. it makes the lens rotate forward and back, sort of a focusing tool. no means to select the aperture. the lever can be unscrewed, making the lens come out of the mount but stil encased in the inner metal barrel of the mount.

Tin Can
20-Mar-2024, 11:31
Maybe old projection TV

They had good lens and fast ramp for sizing

Tracy Storer
20-Mar-2024, 12:19
Could be projection TV or copy machine lens?
Show us the name engraving on the front.
The front and rear cells may or may not unscrew from that "Barrel", if they do unscrew, you might get lucky to find the threads match some common shutter, otherwise you'll need to have cutom made adapters made to fit it to a shutter.

Andrea Gazzoni
20-Mar-2024, 12:40
Tracy, it's an EL Nikkor 210/5.6 enlarging lens.
It sure has the iris assembly between front and rear elements, so I am guessing the lens is complete.

Andrea Gazzoni
20-Mar-2024, 13:10
took off the front cell, can confirm the iris is there. on the outside of the iris assembly I can see the knurled bachelite ring typical of these lenses. now to find a way to free it from the mount casing, trying with some WD40

Mark J
20-Mar-2024, 15:29
Projection TV lenses were F/1.2 or faster !

pgk
21-Mar-2024, 05:06
Looks like a printing/copying set up of some description to me. I'd hazard a guess and suggest that it was out of equipment intended to deliver a specific print size and has sufficient adjustment to focus its subject within its design requirements. It looks as though it may be fitted with an easy to locate bevel which I've seen on copying/printing lenses before and would allow for an easy change of lenses for differet print/copy size.

Tin Can
21-Mar-2024, 05:28
Those lenses were an expensive Fad

That dimmed

Andrea Gazzoni
21-Mar-2024, 12:57
was finally able to take the metal barrel off. what I found inside is the full lens. iris is there and working

cowanw
21-Mar-2024, 14:12
was finally able to take the metal barrel off. what I found inside is the full lens. iris is there and working

Beauty, eh!