PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Correction

Andrew O'Neill
24-Dec-2023, 07:07
https://youtu.be/ca37_F_5BMY

Sal Santamaura
24-Dec-2023, 13:36
Wet prints are why I just bought a 45mm f/2.8 Nikkor PC-E for my F6. The bonus is it's also usable on my D810 for scenes where depth of field challenges require tilt and non-static subjects make stacking impractical.

darr
24-Dec-2023, 18:25
A fantastic demonstration video featuring a subject rarely seen on YouTube. You're doing great, Andy! Wishing you a joyful holiday season and a fantastic New Year!

Darr

Andrew O'Neill
30-Dec-2023, 14:41
A fantastic demonstration video featuring a subject rarely seen on YouTube. You're doing great, Andy! Wishing you a joyful holiday season and a fantastic New Year!

Darr

Thank you, Darr! Wishing you the same!!

Jim Jones
5-Jan-2024, 05:29
My old DeJur 4x5 enlarger has lens stage adjustments to make perspective correction while enlarging. With other enlargers that do not provide such adjustments, I have occasionally shimmed film holders to provide modest perspective correction. Dark fabric can be wrapped around the enlarger to block light leaks that occur with this improvising.

Tin Can
5-Jan-2024, 05:59
Many enlargers HAD or offered 360 Tilt Table

Very good for special effects

Stretch or fat man

Salzman

Elwood

Map correction

I use old 35mm Leitz Enlarger which converts to copy stand

With iPad and grid table that tilts

Robert Opheim
8-Jan-2024, 19:55
Very nice comparison Andrew! I have been working with perspective control in enlarging for many years, by tilting the easel and negative carrier. (many years ago I purchased a perspective device made by Omega for my Omega D2; my Besler enlargers have some perspective control built in as well. It is very time consuming to do keystone correction in enlarging - checking all of the corners with a grain magnifier). Later I purchased a Technikardan 4x5 with a bag bellows and also have PC lenses for hand held cameras. The more that is recorded correctly either on film or digital, the less time reworking the image is required. Cameras with PC lenses are tricky to get corrections correct without using a tripod and level - but sometimes that is what you have to do.

It was very interesting how much more detail there is in the 8x10 image than the 35mm image.

Alan Klein
9-Jan-2024, 05:30
I don't have a darkroom but I'm curious. Is there any light falloff that matters when you tilt the print or carrier?

ic-racer
9-Jan-2024, 08:11
Most certainly there is falloff, so no dodging is needed for the sky. Comes out near perfect.