PDA

View Full Version : ilford paper

Torquemada
4-Dec-2023, 22:19
Since i purchased a set of ultrafine multi grade filters, which from all apperances is the "store brand' relabel of what ilford makes, i started thinking i should try ilford paper again. However I have hit a few snags..

1. i cannot handle glossy paper

2. alot of online retailers use the same package photo for multiple product item descriptions.

SO how does one actually get a clue as to what product they are advertising in each ad, when there is never a mention of the product UPC code inside the product description

Molli
5-Dec-2023, 06:08
Do you have a link to the online store you're buying from? Sorry if I missed it.

ultrafineonline.com?

From what I can see, almost all of their Ilford papers seem to be Pearl (Surface code is 44).
The few that aren't, do say "Glossy" within the description, but you're right, it's not the clearest layout.

Ilford Pearl uses a nice Bluey-Green on their labels and Pink for Glossy (which is reason enough to avoid it [emoji16]).

I'm not sure if that's helped you at all, but I'm hoping I'm at least not adding to the confusion!

Torquemada
5-Dec-2023, 18:39
what i mean is, there are places that use the wrong item photo for a product description

i mean retailers that use a picture of the OLD multigrade 4 paper to advertise "multigrade 5" paper, and vice versa.

ghostcount
5-Dec-2023, 20:30

SO how does one actually get a clue as to what product they are advertising in each ad, when there is never a mention of the product UPC code inside the product description

Phone call to the vendor should resolve this.

Doremus Scudder
6-Dec-2023, 10:57
Here's the link for the photographic paper selection on Ilford's website: https://www.ilfordphoto.com/photographic-paper

If you're interested in resin-coated papers, click the appropriate link at the top of the page to see the full range of RC papers.

Same for fiber-base and cotton rag papers.

All surfaces and image tones are listed. That should help you decide which paper you'd like to order.

If the source you are ordering from isn't clear about the product in their listing, I'm sure there are others that are. Maybe go with the supplier that gets the listings correct or presents them more clearly.

Best,

Doremus