PDA

View Full Version : Betax no.4

dr5chrome
19-Nov-2023, 11:08
Anyone know the style of double pin on a betax no.4 shutter? Ty. Dw

Mark Sampson
19-Nov-2023, 12:02
You might ask at alphaxbetax.com if that site's owner doesn't respond here.

Whir-Click
19-Nov-2023, 13:20
Flash sync wasn’t a factory option on Betax shutters, so it’s hard to say with certainty what you’re dealing with as a later alteration.

A photo would help, but I’d guess there’s a 90% chance that it’s a standard bipost connection. Paramount offers some bipost cords, including this bipost to PC adapter: https://paramountcords.com/product/bp-pf-bipost-to-pc-female-6-inches/

BrianShaw
19-Nov-2023, 13:42
FYI: Paramount still has a website, ridiculous prices and might no longer be in business. A couple of months ago I sent an email to confirm but it yielded no reply.

LabRat
19-Nov-2023, 17:35
It's called a bi-post... In a pinch, electric shaver cords can work, or some modern power cords can work...

X sync was added to many older shutters,, some so well it was had to tell it wasn't factory...

Steve K

dr5chrome
19-Nov-2023, 19:08
thanks all for the reply! 244027

Here is an image as requested. I know its a bi-post, but its a very odd one.
Beside it is my ILEX bi-post. As you can see the BETAX is substantially bigger.

Ive had a need for the sync lately, but cannot find a sync cord.

dw

LabRat
19-Nov-2023, 19:51
The shaver or power cords usually have to spread slightly to fit the post spacing, so will make contact with the outer posts + connector...

Some connectors might be slightly narrow, but if you put a cut between the terminals, it will spread to a nice snug fit...

Steve K