PDA

View Full Version : Magenta cast on slide film

Steven Ruttenberg
5-Oct-2023, 23:09
Temperatures are correct, etc. Is it due to the chemicals being used up? If slide fil. Is overexposed does it end up clear? I know edges of sheet are blacknwhere they were not exposed to light. 242943

Larry Gebhardt
6-Oct-2023, 02:27
Is the film fresh? Which chemicals are you using. Over exposed areas should end up clear. Check the instructions for ow to deal with casts. The Tetenal kits have some guidance but it may not be the same for all e6 chemicals.

Vaughan
6-Oct-2023, 03:55
That could be insufficient bleach, fix and wash. Alternatively, heat damage of unprocessed film and colour shift due to age often show up as magenta casts.

Steven Ruttenberg
6-Oct-2023, 07:37
Fresh film, rapid e6!kit. This has only happened one other time. The film was for sure kver exposdd, I will do a test today. If still magenta I will temix chemicals

Steven Ruttenberg
9-Oct-2023, 16:34
Over exposed and bad developer. I mixed new solution and things are working fine.

L&Scape
15-Oct-2023, 08:17
Magenta cast is a typical "feature" of Fuji Provia 100F. I have managed to get rid of it almost completely by extending water washes: I always do prewash for approx 10 min (several 1-2 min cycles), then develop normally. I tend to extend final wash to 10...20 min (several 2-5 min cycles), but sometimes the stab water gets a magenta tint. I have used Tetenal 3-bath, Fuji 6-bath and recently Jobo 6-bath kits (made by Fuji Japan).