PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Jorge's Prints

Brian Ellis
14-May-2006, 14:57
I'm posting this here because there doesn't appear to a sub-forum in which it fits and I figure more people read this one than the others.

A month or two ago we were told about Jorge's illness and were asked to help out in various ways including purchasing one of his prints from the APUG gallery. I went to the APUG gallery, selected a print to purchase for $200, and clicked on it. A little window popped up saying something to the effect that I would be contacted shortly about buying the print. I've heard nothing since then from APUG. I sent an email message to Sean about this and I haven't yet received a response.

Has anyone else run into this in buying a print through APUG, i.e. you order the print and then nothing happens? I realize the print hasn't yet been made and that's fine, my principal purpose wasn't to get a print right away, it was to help out someone whose work and contributions to this forum I admire. So I'd like to pay for the print now and plan on receiving it whenever I receive it.

Ralph Barker
14-May-2006, 15:23
I don't know how the purchase process works there, Brian, but Sean has been in Toronto at the APUG conference. I suspect that's why you haven't received a response from him.

Alex Hawley
14-May-2006, 15:34
Brian,

Here's a thread about Print Sales for Jorge. http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27054&page=2&pp=10

Most of us selling the prints prefer to have the money sent directly to Jorge's paypal account. The account address is contained in the above thread. Just go to the classified add for the print you want and click on the "Contact Seller" button to send an e-mail to the seller and tell him/her you are buying a print. If the seller is not one who wants the money sent directly to Jorge, just make the payment arrangements via e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Ted Harris
14-May-2006, 15:36
I further recall that Jorge posted both here and on APUG that he would not be able to fulfill most of the orders untilafter the first course of chemo.

On the same general topic ... stay tuned I will be posting a print for sale with all poceeds to go to Jorge, was waiting to get some things straight with Sean but now done .. wanted to make sure he didn't mind selling a digital print ... maybe now that we can post images I will post it here though.

Also anybody that wants to buy a box or several boxes of my notecards can do so and all the proceeds will go to Jorge. Just let me know.

Juergen Sattler
14-May-2006, 18:33
When I purchased a print I paid through Paypal right away - I believe Jorge's paypal ID was given at the time of the purchase. I don't expect to see that print any time soon and that's OK.

Juergen Sattler
14-May-2006, 18:36
Actually I just checked my Paypal account and the payment went to Sean, who then sent me an email that he would get the money to Jorge - I guess that was right before they changed it to direct payment to Jorge.

Brian Ellis
14-May-2006, 19:52
Thanks very much for the responses but I'm still a little confused.

Alex - The print in question was Jorge's print, not someone else's. Your message, and the link to which you directed me, seem to involve purchasing someone else's print and how to get the money from that person to Jorge. I also didn't see Jorge's PayPal account address in that link but maybe I missed it.

Ted - I realize Jorge won't be able to fill the order right away, that's why I said in my original inquiry that I didn't expect a print right away, I just wanted to get the money to Jorge and let him fill the order whenever he felt like it, if ever for that matter.

Juergen - So you sent the money from your Pay Pal account to Sean, and told him (I assume) which print you wanted? But now payment is supposed to go direct to Jorge? That's what I'd like to do, just bypass APUG altogether. Do you have Jorge's PayPal account address?

I take it that no one else just clicked on one of Jorge's prints in APUG and got the message I got?

sanking
14-May-2006, 20:20
A month or two ago we were told about Jorge's illness and were asked to help out in various ways including purchasing one of his prints from the APUG gallery. I went to the APUG gallery, selected a print to purchase for $200, and clicked on it. A little window popped up saying something to the effect that I would be contacted shortly about buying the print. I've heard nothing since then from APUG. I sent an email message to Sean about this and I haven't yet received a response.

Has anyone else run into this in buying a print through APUG, i.e. you order the print and then nothing happens? I realize the print hasn't yet been made and that's fine, my principal purpose wasn't to get a print right away, it was to help out someone whose work and contributions to this forum I admire. So I'd like to pay for the print now and plan on receiving it whenever I receive it.

Brian,

I went to this site, http://www.apug-gallery.com/gallery.php?gid=67, and purchased one of Jorge's prints. Sean has said that all proceed from the sale will go directly to Jorge so I see no purpose in avoiding APUG. . I did not have any problems of the type you describe, though there was some kind of glitch in the print I selected since Sean later contacted me to confirm which print I wanted.

Sandy

Oren Grad
14-May-2006, 20:24
Brian, I purchased one of Jorge's prints through the APUG gallery and received a prompt acknowledgment from Sean. One of the official APUGgers can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's just the way the APUG gallery works - for any print that gets ordered through the online gallery e-commerce interface, the funds go first into Sean's APUG master account along with a code indicating which print by which photographer was ordered. Funds are then routed to the respective photographers.

Ole Tjugen
14-May-2006, 20:28
That's the way it's set up, yes. Oren is right.

I bought a print just after the "switch", and hope Jorge will be well enough to print it soon. I also hope these print sales help him the way they were intended to!

Eric Rose
14-May-2006, 21:29
Sean is on vacation right now in the US. I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he can. When I was talking with Sean at the APUG Conference in Toronto he mentioned that the print sales were going fine.

Brian Ellis
15-May-2006, 18:51
Thanks, unfortunately for some reason I've received no acknowledgement from Sean since I first selected a print a month or so ago, other than the automatic little pop-up I mentioned earlier. I'll try sending him another email and hope he responds. If not I'll find Jorge's email address from APUG and deal with him directly.

roteague
16-May-2006, 13:18
Thanks, unfortunately for some reason I've received no acknowledgement from Sean since I first selected a print a month or so ago, other than the automatic little pop-up I mentioned earlier. I'll try sending him another email and hope he responds. If not I'll find Jorge's email address from APUG and deal with him directly.

Sean is vacationing in San Francisco right now with his family. He leaves on the 17th for New Zealand.

Helen Bach
19-May-2006, 04:15
On the same general topic ... stay tuned I will be posting a print for sale with all poceeds to go to Jorge, was waiting to get some things straight with Sean but now done .. wanted to make sure he didn't mind selling a digital print ... maybe now that we can post images I will post it here though.

Ted,

I'd be interested in knowing what you come up with. I'd also like to sell some prints with all proceeds going to Jorge, but they would be digital prints from scanned film and, unlike you, I don't have a website yet.

Thanks,
Helen