PDA

View Full Version : Who is paying and can we contribute?

Frank Petronio
13-May-2006, 15:23
I just noticed that we can include images and LF.info will host.

Is this just kindness? If so thank you very much. But is there a way we can contribute? I mean other than being a smart aleck and torture tester?

I will do a gearnut sort of article one of these days...

Frank Petronio
13-May-2006, 15:26
Can we NW posts like the good old days on the Leica Forum (the good part)?

Ralph Barker
13-May-2006, 15:27
Thanks for the thought, Frank. Others have asked about that, too. At present, we're not looking for donations, but may discuss regional projects that might need contributions. The system, space and bandwidth are donated to us by Brian Reid, who hosted the old forum, as well. (Big thanks to Brian.)

Ralph Barker
13-May-2006, 15:29

The NW (no words) threads on the old Leica Forum were fun. But, Tom would ban me if I posted a Leica image here. ;)

Ted Harris
13-May-2006, 16:14
Ralph, you could always take your Leica negative, scan it, make a digital 4x5 (or larger) negative, then post it!<ducking>

Frank Petronio
13-May-2006, 16:21
For years all my 35mm slides were printed through 4x5 internegatives, so I guess they would qualify too...

Tom Westbrook
13-May-2006, 16:28
Well, being a shameless Leica user myself, I'd probably let you slide :)

The NW (no words) threads on the old Leica Forum were fun. But, Tom would ban me if I posted a Leica image here. ;)

Tom Westbrook
13-May-2006, 16:30
Brian Reid is the guy who runs the LUG (Leica Users Group) mailing list on the same server we used to be on.

Michael Graves
13-May-2006, 17:00
I don't know why anyone would be the least bit upset if you posted your Leica image here. As long as the picture of your Leica is taken with an 8x10 Deardorff.

Ralph Barker
13-May-2006, 17:21
How about a Tachi-Leica-Toyo tango? ;)

Paul Coppin
13-May-2006, 18:27
That carpet your colour calibration target, Ralph? :D I hate guys with enough real estate to actually set up all this LF gear.

Ralph Barker
13-May-2006, 18:45
Hey, that carpet was stylish back in 1973 when it was installed.

I've since moved, and lost my "studio" space, however. Unfortunately, I also had to replace the carpet before I could sell the house. Just can't understand why. ;)

Armin Seeholzer
14-May-2006, 01:33
Hi Ralph

Its unfair to show so much gear in one picture and now you have even a larger studio I think!
Since I have now 2 8x10s I could do the same picture in stereo but first no time and second no Leica M!
Have a good time alias Johnars

Neal Wydra
14-May-2006, 08:34
Thank you Brian,