PDA

View Full Version : E6 jobo processing

tim atherton
13-May-2006, 09:47
what's the best set up these days (chemicals wise) for processing E6 8x10 and 4x5 in a Jobo?

I haven't done any home E6 for 20+ years...

Juergen Sattler
13-May-2006, 10:26
I use the one gallon kit from Kodak - it's a long process (7 steps in total) but the slides are great and the results are very predictable. I use a Jobo ATL2 Autolab. Just make sure that you do the final rinse outside the machine and the outside the drum. This stuff is like Bath Bubble Water and it'll mess up your Jobo real bad - unless of course you want to take a bath in it:-). Adorama ships the One Gallon Kit - B&H doesn't!

darr
13-May-2006, 10:33
I use Tetenal Colortec E-6 (6 bath) with my ATL 1000. I get consistently good results. Like Juergen stated above, use the stabilizer outside of the reels and drums or you could permanently screw them up. I buy my chemicals form B & H Photo in 5 liter containers. Once opened they will last up to six months stored properly. I mix what I need at processing time which is either 300 ml or 600 ml and stow the rest in the original containers.

Juergen Sattler
13-May-2006, 10:44
Darr,
do they ship the chemicals to you, or do you live in NY? I was never able to get chems shipped through them

darr
13-May-2006, 10:54
Darr,
do they ship the chemicals to you, or do you live in NY? I was never able to get chems shipped through them

Yes they UPS the chemicals to me. I know there are some chemicals they cannot ship, but the Tetenal chems they do. Here's a link (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=109291&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation) to what I purchase.

Darr

paul stimac
13-May-2006, 11:30
Tim,
I have a atl-2 in good user condition that I don't need anymore. Would trade or take $450+ shipping.
Paul

I could even include an expert 3010 4x5 drum for another $125.

Oh.. maybe I'll post it in the for sale section.

Dianne
17-May-2006, 02:15
I have used the Agfa "Process 44" in my Jobo with good results (4x5 and 8x10)

John Hoang
17-May-2006, 07:41
I have been using Kodak E6 5 litter kit with Jobo CPP2 and expert drum 3006 with very consistent results. I usually pick up the kit locally but my source stops carrying it now. B&H only ships Kodak 1 gallon kit and their price on Tetenal 5 litter kit is expensive. Adorama sells Kodak 5 litter kit for $49.95.

Stan. L-B
17-May-2006, 08:22
I use the Jobo Expert Drum 3005 for 10X8 and the 2500 for 5X4 for B&W or Colour.
For E6 processing I have used the Kodak, the Patterson, and lately the Foto Speed three bath 1200mls Kit. All work well with the Jobo CPP2 with very consitent results.

photoeil
23-May-2006, 11:28
Whit som luck you can find a used COLENTA (ST60 rotation) on the net, i'ts a big thing ( a 90 lit. waterjacket!) but it wordks verry good! It is a full automatic multi and variable process machine (E-6, C-41, B&W neg. and pos. and RA4), verry stable temperature and timer. Film and paper formats till 24 cm x 30 cm whit the right spool.
Last month I saw one at about 750 EURO in Holland (via www. cameranet.nl).
Just be carefull and look if all parts (a lot of them) are in the pack.
It is a 1980's design and one can still buy spare parts at the factory in Vienna/Austria.
The Kodak singel use chemistry kit E-6 (5 lit.) is the best thing to use in it.

Then all you need is time, time and time...

I have mine for about a year and I feel happy whit it.