PDA

View Full Version : Bogen 3021 leg lock levers

John Dziadecki
12-May-2006, 15:00
When crossing a short section of an iced stream in Rocky Mountain National Park, I fell and managed to shear off two leg locks from my Bogen 3021 tripod -- now, technically, a duopod. This is the older version with the protruding levers rather than the newer clamps. I contacted Bogen directly -- they no longer makes replacement levers. Do any of you know where I could find replacement parts? Thanks. John

Bill McMannis
12-May-2006, 17:23
John,

It has been a couple years, but I was able to get an extra lever assembly from B&H.

Good luck.

Mike Cockerham_6606
12-May-2006, 17:37
HI
I have the same tripod and problem.
You have to order the leg clamp assembley. I work work for Dodd Camera in Cleveland so I knoe that you can get them, just received mine takes about 2 weeks.
Mike

John Dziadecki
12-May-2006, 17:45
I contacted Bogen directly -- the Bogen rep at Bogen told me they no longer makes replacement levers. They *do* make replacement clamp assemblies and those are what I find available localy at $20 each. I'm hoping to locate a source which has the "old" lever as opposed to the "new" clamp style. I was hoping for consistency of leg locks :) John

Eric Biggerstaff
12-May-2006, 19:46
John,

If you are in the Denver area try Camera Trader in Englewood at 303-781-5778 ( 2650 W. Hampden Ave.). I broke a couple of old style Boden leg levers a couple of years ago and they were able to come up with the parts. The newer style should work also.

John Dziadecki
15-May-2006, 13:03
Eric -- I'm up by Boulder. Camera Trader (quite a compact yet sprawling store) is about an hour or so away from here and I paid them a visit a while back. They no longer carry the older style lever locks but do have the newer style clamp locks. And, yes, I've been told the newer clamps should fit fine. I was hoping for consistancy on my 3021's leg locks -- nothing like a bi-polar tripod :) Up here in Boulder, Mike's Camera has the clamp locks available. Thank you! -- John