PDA

View Full Version : Correct Viewing Hood for Graflok Back on Graphic View II

seaneee
26-Jun-2023, 12:40
Hey all. I have a Graphic View II with a Graflok back, part #31915. The back is missing the viewing hood. I only have the back and the ground glass. I've tried to buy several, but every time they are too small.

Could someone please let me know what the correct hood I should look for? Or should I just get a Kodak 110 and call it a day? ;)

It's my first foray into LF, this is the last part I need.

Thanks in advance

j.e.simmons
26-Jun-2023, 14:23
I'll see if I can dig mine out and measure. But that said, I don't find mine particularly useful. It just doesn't block enough light for me. I use a conventional darkcloth.

LabRat
26-Jun-2023, 19:40
The ones from the Graflok Pacemaker Graflex series fit mine, and can be found...

The other thing to check for is the Fresnel lens should be UNDER the GG, and is needed there for proper distance for the GG to sit on to focus correctly... If you remove these, take careful notes of the exact order these were installed, note the orientation (sides surfaces), and replace in that exact order... Be aware that someone might have had these apart to clean them and it's possible they might have been reassembled incorrectly, so you might want to reconfirm that order on graflex.org...

I have these on my camera, but as mentioned, I almost never use mine, but leave it on as a GG protector... But a small piece of thin plywood or corrugated sheet plastic with simple velcro hold-downs would also work too...

Steve K