PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to David Goldfarb on National AP Article

Frank Petronio
10-May-2006, 08:08
This morning's Rochester rag (it's hardly a newspaper...) had one glowing highlight that nearly made me choke on my coffee... a photo of David Goldfarb using his 11x14 camera, along with a syndicated AP article that roamed around talking about J&C, the APUG crew, Michael and Paula, and other analog crazies. Maybe it will be run in your local paper too. It's not on my local paper's website.

Congrats to David - it makes you look young and hip, in an analog sort of way.

David A. Goldfarb
10-May-2006, 08:14
Thanks, Frank.

Here's a version of the article showing me and the big camera--

http://tinyurl.com/kahoj

But Ron Mowrey's photo made the version in the _Washington Post_--

http://tinyurl.com/zrxfu

Al Seyle
10-May-2006, 08:37
Way to go, David!

Where's the security guard?

David A. Goldfarb
10-May-2006, 08:40
Heh. I'm just glad the two police cars that drove by while I was conspicuously photographing a bridge and a bus depot didn't hassle me.

Oren Grad
10-May-2006, 08:41
David is young and hip in an analog sort of way! Extremely cool...

Garry Teeple
10-May-2006, 10:27
Congrads Dave, makes me envious. That photo got me thinking about dark cloths, it looks like you have one attached the back of your jacket. Might work great and it wouldn't blow off on wet ground.

Mark Sampson
10-May-2006, 10:27
Maybe that's why the local rag (truly, hardly a newspaper) wasn't on my front step this morning- there was an article I would really have wanted to read. And I just paid the bill, too. With luck it will be there when I get home from work... congratulations (semi in advance) to Mr. Goldfarb!

David A. Goldfarb
10-May-2006, 10:34
I fold the darkcloth in half and drape it over my shoulders then flip it up over the camera as needed. It's not attached to my shirt, but that's an idea...

Frank Petronio
10-May-2006, 11:17
With the goatee it gives you a middle European devilish flare...

David A. Goldfarb
10-May-2006, 11:27
All the more so with a billboard that says "Wicked" over my head...

Ralph Barker
10-May-2006, 12:05
Congrats, David. The photo of you seemed mal-exposed, though. Must have been done with an inky-dinky digital. ;-)

Rory Roopnarine
10-May-2006, 12:25
Congratulations David G! The internet has sure helped me down here in the Caribbean. I am a happy 8X10 owner because of it. I like the article, although it ends on a depressing note.

John Kasaian
10-May-2006, 17:38
Now how cool is that? Congratulations!

Capocheny
10-May-2006, 19:23
That is verrrrrrrry cool! :)

Good show David!

Cheers

Michael Kadillak
11-May-2006, 14:17
Congratulations to you David on a wonderful article. Reading this post put a massive smile on my face and without question made my week. The more people know what we are all trying to do the better.

Cheers!