PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a speaker in Montréal, next fall

Philippe Gauthier
9-May-2006, 11:27
My photo club is looking for a speaker for one of its meetings to be held next fall in Montréal. The AREMAC club is one of the two clubs in Canada that are devoted to B&W photography. A few members are into MF and LF photography, but most stick to either 35 mm or digital. Meetings are normally held in French, but most members are also fluent English speakers, so let's forget about French as a requirement for this time!

The ideal speaker/conferencer/lecturer/demonstrator or whatever should:

- be a dedicated B&W photographer, experienced in the traditional ways of B&W (experience with high end digital printing could also be interesting) who enjoys sharing tips with somewhat less advanced fellow photographers;

- have some prints to show;

- be able to share some of its experience in LF, Zone system, B&W printing, etc, or the results of some experiments in techniques and/or materials he's made (our large darkroom allows for on site demos);

- be in Montréal one Tuesday evening from 7 to 10 PM in either October or November 2006;

- be ready to do it for very little money (it's unfortunate that our club is so poor!)

We had a terrific experience with a New England photographer last year (I'm not sure I should mention his name here, but he's a contributor on this forum) and if anyone from this area, or from Québec or Ontario, could visit us and share ideas and thoughts with us again, we'd appreciate it a lot. And hopefully that would be fun for the speaker too.

Just drop me a note if you're interested.

Eric Biggerstaff
9-May-2006, 12:32
Philippe,

Have you tried John Sexton? He is out promoting his new book and is lining up lectures, not sure of his price, but it might be fun to drop him a note and find out. You could contact him ( or Laura Bayless who is his office manager) at www.johnsexton.com.

Sounds to me like this would be a lot of fun! Good luck.

Eric

Philippe Gauthier
9-May-2006, 13:02
John Sexton? Oh, wow, that would be awesome! But why do I get this feeling that it would cost at least three years worth of our modest club budget? I might still write him, just in case some miracle happens!

Eric Biggerstaff
9-May-2006, 14:33
Heck, just write him a find out - it might be fun to know! :-)

Ted Harris
16-May-2006, 07:07
Phillipe, see my PM. I think I can.

amisoll
24-Jul-2006, 17:55
try guy boily he is good guyboily@videotron.ca