PDA

View Full Version : Nikkor 480 lens separation from lens board

Boney
25-Apr-2023, 19:45
How can one get a Nikkor 480mm reproduction lens separated from the large handled lens board? This is a lens with the DS diaphragm reproduction scale.
I have removed the large ring with the clear indicator tab from a same size ring with an attached bracket with small metal handle. The large handle fastened to one end while the lens is mounted to the opposite side of board. I surmise that this whole set up was placed in a large copy camera where
lenses mounted to other boards were interchanged.
The lens' backside has a large threaded ring that I think is part of the lens barrel. Within this ring is a notched retaining ring for the rear lens element.
The notches have the black paint scratched off probably due to tightening.
The remaining ring with small handle prevents access to the mounting screws which hold the lens to board.
OK, how do I proceed now? Do I carefully cut this unused ring to gain access to lens mounting screws below it?
Or I don't know.
Though I work at it: 'I don't know everything about anything'.
Any suggestions?
Boney

Mick Fagan
26-Apr-2023, 02:47
I think you will get more help if you can post some pictures of both sides.

I've pulled apart quite a few reproduction camera lenses, some on turret boards, some on individual boards, but unless one has a picture, it is quite hard to form a mental picture going on your description(s).

Boney
26-Apr-2023, 04:22
Thank you, Mick
Ah yes. A picture is worth every word used and then some. I will try to do what you suggested. I am not the best at attachments, but hey I may learn a new technique.
Boney

John Layton
26-Apr-2023, 06:30
Basic/Primitive/Circuitous way to post photos?

Take smartphone pix then send good ones individually to your email account. Open email, click on a photo file and drag the image onto your desktop. Do this for each email photo-file.

Sign into LF forum, and start a Quick Reply, where you find on its toolbar the "insert image" link (third from right on my LF Quick Reply toolbar), then choose "from computer," which will give you a listing of desktop files.

Find desired photo files and click on one, which will bring up a box with the "download file" prompt, which when clicked on will transfer the file to your quick reply entry (may take a sec). Repeat this until your desired photos have been transferred.

Note that the "from computer" prompt may change to "From URL," (unless you want to go the URL route) at which point just click back to "from computer."

Works for me, and I'm beyond being embarrassed ("but, but...but") about what might be done much easier using some other means. If I want better quality I use my DSLR or drag existing DSLR files onto my desktop and repeat the above.