PDA

View Full Version : Can I Use a PocketWizard with a Raven to Connect my Profoto B10X Strobe?

mlehr
23-Apr-2023, 15:45
I’m brand new to using studio lights with film, so forgive the question if this is common knowledge.

I’m trying to come up with a solution that allows me to shoot LF using my Profoto B10X strobes (which don’t have a PC sync port).

I have a working theory that I can achieve this using a lens with a PC sync port connected to a PocketWizard Plus IIIe connected to the Raven by FusionTLC connected to the Profoto B10X.

Can anyone who knows more than I do confirm that my theory is, in fact, correct?

Merissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pchong
23-Apr-2023, 17:26
I have tried. Connect flash sync on lens to PW to trigger the receiver on my Profoto strobe . It works. Make sure you set the lens to X sync.

You can test it out without any film.

brian mcweeney
24-Apr-2023, 04:38
Short answer, no.
The Pocket Wizard operates on a different frequency than the Raven. They're incompatible.

I know Profotos are expensive (believe me I know), but the B1X head has a sync port for a Pocket Wizard and by the time you buy the Raven plus the B10X head you're close to the price of the B1X.

snommisbor
24-Sep-2023, 20:28
I’m brand new to using studio lights with film, so forgive the question if this is common knowledge.

I’m trying to come up with a solution that allows me to shoot LF using my Profoto B10X strobes (which don’t have a PC sync port).

I have a working theory that I can achieve this using a lens with a PC sync port connected to a PocketWizard Plus IIIe connected to the Raven by FusionTLC connected to the Profoto B10X.

Can anyone who knows more than I do confirm that my theory is, in fact, correct?

Merissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the Air Remote from Profoto. I got one and it works with my B10Xs. You have to buy a PC cable plug but works like a charm